The team at Maestro is building a new kind of software, one that is poised to transform the world of private equity - and beyond. Today, our technology is the engine that drives value creation in PE-backed companies. Tomorrow, it will be used by all kinds of organizations to drive purposeful collaboration across stakeholders. While there is no single formula for success, we believe that by identifying, codifying, and harnessing the elements for success, we enable organizations and people to achieve their most ambitious goals.
We are a tight-knit group of passionate, dedicated, quirky individuals across offices in both New York City and Boston - serving clients all over the world. We believe in the power of collaboration and empowered decision-making, and we strive to create an environment that attracts talented people who possess contagious enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, and grit. Join us!
We're looking for someone to work within the Maestro team to help build and take Maestro the next level.
- You will spend your time developing and improving the existing platform, for example:
- Update and build new components and pages that are responsive and tested
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Maestro team
- Prototype upcoming features or tools and frameworks
- Not afraid to introduce new tools and frameworks to the team
- You will also contribute to and maintain our internal component library, such as:
- Architect, build and take ownership of the components
- Working closely with design
- Write semantic HTML and accessible and theme-able components
- Managing GitHub issues and change requests from the Maestro team
- Writing and improving the documentation
- Technologies you will be exposed to at Maestro:
- React – both legacy class components and hooks
- Apollo GraphQL
- Jest, Enzyme and React Testing Library
- Webpack and Babel
- Git and GitHub
Here at Maestro we’re looking for someone with very strong front-end skills, who is an expert in a modern component framework like React. Besides the important technical skills, we’re looking that you’re a strong problem solver who loves to learn. We’re not experts in everything and we don’t expect you to be either – if you love building awesome things, then you’ll fit right in!
You might not define yourself as a designer but as a front-end engineer you know great UI design when you see it. You can also see when something isn’t quite up to a certain standard. Details matter to you, and if something isn’t pixel perfect, you take the initiative to figure out why.
Here are some things we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience delivering production quality products
- BS in Computer Science or related professional experience
- Care about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly interfaces
- Enjoy working in a team-oriented environment