The team at Maestro is building a new kind of software, one that is poised to transform the world of private equity - and beyond. Today, our technology is the engine that drives value creation in PE-backed companies. Tomorrow, it will be used by all kinds of organizations to drive purposeful collaboration across stakeholders. While there is no single formula for success, we believe that by identifying, codifying, and harnessing the elements for success, we enable organizations and people to achieve their most ambitious goals.
We are a tight-knit group of passionate, dedicated, quirky individuals across offices in both New York City and Boston - serving clients all over the world. We believe in the power of collaboration and empowered decision-making, and we strive to create an environment that attracts talented people who possess contagious enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, and grit. Join us!
About the Role
Maestro is looking for for or a driven, hard-working individual to join our Client Development Organization. With a growing roster of clients, we are seeking a Director of Client Success as a player-coach to build the playbook for the Client Success Organization while cultivating relationships and helping clients unlock the full value of the Maestro platform. The Director should have an aptitude for private equity, client service, people and technology. You will play a key role internally at Maestro alongside the senior leadership team in building the Client Success org, while learning from the field by owning key Accounts and driving adoption.
As a Coach:
- Create the Maestro Client Success Playbook for how the team will engage with clients, from on-boarding thru renewal
- Manage existing CSM’s and build the foundation to hire and onboard new CSMs to align with Maestro’s client growth plans
- Develop relevant toolkits for clients and establish processes to keep current: on-boarding playbook, training materials, persona best practices and periodic relationship reviews
- Establish team metrics for # of Accounts to manage and KPI goals for each Account/team member
- Regularly report on progress of land + expand strategy, client scorecards and overall Account health
- Formulate a strategy for a Net Promoter Score program
As a Player:
- Develop a keen understanding of our client’s business goals and challenges to ultimately increase adoption and retention.
- Deliver client’s best practices, valuable insights and a consultative approach to accelerate on-boarding and adoption
- Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the client in achieving their goals.
- Proactively communicate with clients and senior management on significant issues and accomplishments on a frequent basis via phone, email, Slack and in-person
- Conduct client trainings to ensure our users get the most out of our product & understand new features
- Track and understand usage of Maestro clients through analytics and regular communication
- Manage quarterly Account reviews to ensure 100% client satisfaction and reference-ability
- Manage a portfolio of client accounts and prioritize them to manage risk and growth opportunities to ensure 100% renewal rate
- Identify ways for clients to use additional Maestro capabilities (ie. Due Diligence, KPIs) and to add additional portfolio companies to grow the Account’s ARR
- Utilize company CRM database to document client behavior and feedback
- Provide product knowledge & industry guidance to help our clients effectively use our platform to meet their needs
- Support the Client Development Team in identifying, developing and presenting strategic product solutions for prospective clients
- 7-10 years of client success or account management experience, SaaS experience preferred
- Experience in creating and/or managing small teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with private equity front office professionals
- Strong time management and organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter approach with an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to consistently exceed stated objectives
- Natural leadership skills, and ability to mobilize people towards a goal
- Travel may be required, based on Client location
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Jira
- Bachelor’s degree or higher