Reporting to the Global Head of Human Resources and closely aligned to the executive leadership team, the VP, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion will lead all diversity and inclusion activity for Golin globally, across 50 offices and 1,000 employees. The VP of DEI will lead all equality initiatives, focusing on race, gender, culture, sexual orientation, identity, age, ability and all areas of different lived experiences—ensuring the company reflects the diversity and upholds the values of the communities it serves. In the agency’s ambition to create the most progressive agency in marketing services, Golin is seeking a strategic yet hands-on operational leader focused on developing strategies, implementing programs and developing bright and passionate talent. The goal for their offices is clear - to be reflective of the communities and countries in which they are based.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with leaders across all offices to ensure Golin’s Global DEI strategy is successfully activated at a local level and agency level
- Partner with IPG DXTRA Office of Business Relevance, Inclusion and Equity on larger DEI goals, strategies and initiatives
- Identify & benchmark DEI best practices, across industries, and offer strategic recommendations to increase office retention
- Increase visibility of Golin as a DEI employer of choice
- Lead DEI communication efforts internally for Golin
- Create a monthly communication series for Executive Management on areas to watch (client initiatives, best in class work, highlights of internal events, program updates, etc…)
- Own DEI Workplace groups, post weekly updates, share best practices from offices across the network internally
- Own partnerships with external organizations to:
- Maintain annual memberships and ensure Golin is taking full advantage these packages
- Advise Board and Managing Directors on local events they (or someone on his/her team) should be attending
- Provide job listings from recruiters to organizational job boards
- Help coordinate the hosting of local events (even present, when appropriate) to bolster Golin’s brand and attract
- Feed talent from events to local recruiters
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team to:
- Help source, identify, and screen diverse talent for all levels (Associate-Executive Director), markets, and G4 positions to generate quality candidates
- Develop relationships with targeted universities/colleges and attend career fairs when appropriate and that fall within targeted outreach plan
- Identify recruitment gaps and opportunities with current IPG DXTRA, CMG and Golin strategic DE partners to uncover new resources and/or avenues to talent
- Lead annual Climate for Inclusion survey and quarterly Pulse surveys pre and post survey efforts
- Lead annual agency DEI planning
- Provide support for DEI task force
- Liaise with Team Pixel and Golin marketing teams to be the connective tissue for all things DEI
- Lead Reverse Mentor program to ensure active participation
- Act as a brand ambassador for Golin
What You Have:
- BA/BS in Human Resources or equivalent
- 12+ years of professional experience, 4+ years working in a senior DEI role
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills
- Experience leading and implementing DEI strategies and practices in a matrixed business environment
- A positive attitude with an ability to collaborate in a team setting
- A passion for diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to champion and advocate for the Golin brand
- An understanding of Public Relations / Communications Agencies
- An ability to network and establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships
- An energetic, motivated self-starter
- Exceptional oral, written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong operational skills, including a propensity for flawless execution
We are a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Our progressive approach aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to build relevance and deliver maximum impact for our clients. To be successful with our employees and our clients, inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, profoundly diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge campaigns, to corporate reputation, advocacy and consumer insights. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year – in both 2019 and 2020 – and winner of the industry’s first PR-led 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be courageously happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly generous health and wellness benefits including a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.