Are you an explorer, advocate or curator of all things culture? Do you live for the next concert or new music release, skillfully maneuver every social platform, share the latest trends with your friends and colleagues? Are you excited by helping brands connect with $323B in buying power from the next generation of consumers, uncovering what will shape them, and inciting fresh, unapologetically diverse and deep analytical thinking?
Then Golin is looking for you. Our Vice President of Youth Culture is a new position for a growth-focused, passionate person who can lead and build our youth culture center-of-excellence. Our ideal team member has experience in creating and activating programs that directly reach Gen Edge, knows what social platforms are relevant and is a strong advocate for the profoundly diverse market. This leader is a master collaborator, consistently bringing in new thinking and has a track record of winning new business and growing existing business.
You will be front-and-center with market-facing events for the agency, curating and moderating panels, writing POVs and providing youth culture expertise across our network. You are driven and have an entrepreneurial spirit. You will work with a talented, hard-working diverse and collaborative team who strives to do cutting-edge work and to continually raise the bar. We make a habit of acknowledging and celebrating great work and everyone who plays a role in achieving it!
What You Have:
- An expertise in youth culture and track record of success reaching them in relevant, impactful and engaging ways
- Equal knowledge of large, cultural events as well as small, grass roots activations
- Strong comfort level with creating, coalescing and potentially MCing thought leadership events
- Outstanding persuasive and thoughtful writing skills to develop market-facing POVs
- A deep knowledge about current and emerging social media platforms, best practices, and guidelines
- The ability to seamlessly integrate into network teams during client meetings, new business pitches, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- A view that no role on the account team is too small for you to assist with when it comes to overall account team duties
- A commitment to mentoring and team learning and development
- 8-10+ years of experience including agency tenure
What You'll Do:
- Drive our youth culture center-of-excellence
- Be responsible for proactively creating, planning and ensuring flawless execution of youth culture activations throughout the year
- Be responsible for business growth through incremental and new business opportunities
- Provide counsel and learning for colleagues both in the office and across the network
You are: Entrepreneurial, Passionate, Energetic, Motivating and Motivated, Highly Collaborative, A Problem Solver, A Growth Driver and Change Agent
Education: BA in business, public relations, communications, journalism, English or related field
We are a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Our progressive approach aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to build relevance and deliver maximum impact for our clients. To be successful with our employees and our clients, inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, profoundly diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge campaigns, to corporate reputation, advocacy and consumer insights. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year – in both 2019 and 2020 -- and winner of the industry’s first PR-led 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Golin recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.