Golin is searching for an Account Director with experience in leading consumer brands. Our ideal team member is adept at fostering exceptional client relationships, has experience in creating and activating programs across a range of media platforms and influencers, understands how to create and flawlessly execute any sized brand experience, is an advocate for incorporating the profoundly diverse market in every program and is a master collaborator. This leader will effectively build and lead a team across multiple markets, have the ability to make tough decisions while instilling confidence at the highest level with senior executives, and can quickly adapt to find solutions that exceed client and team expectations. You are in tune with cultural conversation and can easily identify influencers, trends and new partnership opportunities. You are a standout colleague and while delivering upon your day job of running an integrated team, you also enjoy supporting growth initiatives for the agency.
You will work with a talented, hard-working diverse and collaborative team who strives to do cutting-edge work and to continually raise the bar. We make a habit of acknowledging and celebrating great work and everyone who plays a role in achieving it!
The ideal candidate has:
- A passion for and expertise for consumer brands
- Equal knowledge of large, cultural events as well as small, grass roots activations
- Strong comfort level in the boardroom and has had success with pitching and closing deals
- Understanding of what makes news and earned strategy
- Experience with celebrity and artist negotiations and outreach
- Compelling examples of how you've built positive staff and client relationships, as well as managing up and down
- Budgeting, scope and contractual negotiation and management proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage a team across multiple work streams of both planning and execution
- Outstanding written and verbal skills and ability to communicate persuasively, clearly and professionally
- A view that no role on the account team too small for you to assist with when it comes to overall account team duties
- A commitment to mentoring and team learning and development
- 8-10 years of experience including agency tenure
- Own the main client relationship
- Serve as the master conductor of the team ensuring work gets completed on time and on budget
- Be responsible for the day-to-day financial oversight and stewardship of the business, managing budgets, billing and internal financial forecasting and reporting
- Be responsible for business growth through incremental and new business opportunities
- Serve as a manager of people, engaging, teaching and learning from colleagues both in the office and across the network
You are: Proactive, Determined, Motivating and Motivated, Highly Collaborative, A Problem Solver, Detail Oriented, A Growth Drive and Change Agent
Education: BA in business, public relations, communications, journalism, English or related field
Who We Are:
We are a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Our progressive approach aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to build relevance and deliver maximum impact for our clients. To be successful with our employees and our clients, inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, profoundly diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge campaigns, to corporate reputation, advocacy and consumer insights. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year – in both 2019 and 2020 -- and winner of the industry’s first PR-led 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Golin recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.