Golin is looking for a Manager for our Strategic Planning team with a focus on culture and trends. At its core, your job is to help our teams come up with provocative, enviable ideas that get people talking about our brands.
We’re in the business of earning attention, not paying for it, so we need people who truly understand what gets people humming. You’ll be working with our team of planners, analysts, creatives and media and digital experts to create ideas that break the internet. In addition to having a quick analytical mind, you are a culture vulture with a keen sense for not just what’s popular, but why. From gaming to fashion, the latest tech platforms to what’s hot in sports, you’re part investigator, part instigator.
We’re looking for someone who’s excited to help brands participate in and shape culture. You’re as comfortable hanging out on Twitch as you are digging into mommy blogs about this season’s hottest toys. You’re everyone’s go-to for the best memes, and you know all the songs on Spotify’s Top Hits playlist. Maybe you’re an active contributor to a subreddit for RuPaul’s Drag Race or have a food blog of your favorite soup recipes. Most importantly, not only do you eat content for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you’re enthusiastic about using what you learn to inspire great creative.
What You’ll Do:
- Surface cultural trends and consumer behaviors across a variety of topics including entertainment, fashion, toys, gaming, and food.
- Be able to tell a strategically sound story that converts cultural insights into actions
- Collaborate across teams (strategy, creative, media, digital, account management) to ensure your work is relevant and buzzworthy
- Develop creative briefs and briefings for both client and creative audiences
- Work with creative teams to provide inspiration and validation for powerful, shareable ideas
- Proactive thinking to identify new opportunities to shape culture
- 3+ years of strategic planning experience in PR or advertising
- Comfort interpreting a number of data sources to craft a cohesive narrative
- Ability to wow teams (and clients) with provocative insights and a clear POV
- Master of culture and fluent in the language of the internet
- Self-starter, with demonstrated ability to identify and manage projects without a lot of oversight
- Must be able to work fast and smart – juggling multiple deliverables at a time and understanding how to apply relevant thinking over multiple projects
- Experience with research tools like Gartner, Stylus, Global Web Index, Comscore, TalkWalker
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Positive solutions-based attitude to tackling challenges
We are a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge digital content to corporate reputation and healthcare advocacy. We align earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
We were named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year – in both 2019 and 2020 - and winner of a 2019 Gold Cannes Lion. We go all in for our clients and our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits including unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Golin recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.