Golin Chicago, our global headquarters, is looking for an experienced VP, Director Catalyst to join our world-class team. We call this position a “CATALYST”, not just an “account person”.
GOLIN catalysts are relationship builders. They seek to understand, they motivate, they inspire, they bring people together and push out the best work to the clients – championing smart strategies, advocating for killer creative ideas, protecting the Brand’s ethos and client priorities. Catalysts close the deal, open the door, roll up their sleeves and conduct a team of curious, hungry, smart and creative people. Catalysts keep the train on the tracks but lets the work fly so that brands win buzz, headlines, praise and awards. They work with strategists and creatives to develop ideas that – not only get heard – but approved, funded and executed. Catalysts relentlessly pursue signed statements of work and are hungry to add big wins to their portfolios.
Golin is currently looking for an experienced, highly motivated VP, Director to lead integrated teams to greatness! This person will have the capes and intuitive “know-how” to drive strategy and execution of large, high-profile national PR campaigns for one of the most iconic QSR brands on the planet! You’ll comfortably lead (with autonomy) a large cross section of smart agency and client teams (at all levels) throughout the campaign process. This person understands what it means to EARN attention and is comfortable rolling up their sleeves on all tactical matters from media to digital to events, and collaborate closely (leading integrated efforts) with other agency partners in the areas of event operations, paid media), sponsorship activation and in-restaurant marketing. With a can-do attitude you will develop and drive strategic and creative initiatives, serve as the daily client go-to and manage multiple members of a top-notch team on a variety of projects.
Are you ready to GO ALL IN?
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as client lead on campaign programming
- Develop comprehensive strategic integrated communication plans
- Lead day to day counsel to clients on strategic and tactical campaign matters, helping to connect strategic dots across all aspects of the business.
- Proactively generate new ideas and opportunities for the development of strategic client plans and assist with the creation of related budgets
- Partner with key team members in the other g4 communities to develop, sell-in and execute traditional media and social media plans
- Partner with IAT agencies and develop integrated communications plans
- Develop an intimate knowledge of your clients’ brands
- Design and execute mid to large scale client events and PR programs and activations
- Provide leadership and executional excellence to agency team and clients during program implementation
- Develop deep knowledge of relevant industry events
- Manage external vendors
- Assist with supervision and development of junior team members
- Gain an understanding of key social media platforms and how to create consumer engagement
- Work well with a variety of key internal and external stakeholders
- Excel at verbal and written client, interpersonal and intra-team communications
- Pitch, WIN and execute award winning work with an incredible team!
What You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
- Solid director level PR agency or related professional communications experience at a mid to large sized agency
- A proven track record in account management, account growth, and leadership of integrated teams
- A sharp mind, a good memory, positive, can-do attitude and an attention to detail are absolutely key in this position
- Background in event planning and execution with experience overseeing both traditional media relations and social media execution
- A passion for sports, preferably basketball (HS, NCAA and NBA) with a background in the sports information field is ideal
- Experience leading coordination with venues and event operations agencies
- Strong program management experience (planning, execution, budget management)
- Proven ability to execute programs with large budgets and keep clients and leadership updated on budget trends
- Experience working on large consumer, retail or lifestyle brands a plus!
- Experience managing and mentoring junior level team members is mandatory
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing, copy-editing, and proof-reading skills
Who You Are:
- An adrenaline junkie with entrepreneurial mindset
- A stickler for flawless execution
- Good listener
- Not afraid to share your opinion
- Passionate about our business
We are a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Our progressive approach aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to build relevance and deliver maximum impact for our clients. To be successful with our employees and our clients, inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, profoundly diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge campaigns, to corporate reputation, advocacy and consumer insights. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year – in both 2019 and 2020 – and winner of the industry’s first PR-led 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be courageously happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly generous health and wellness benefits including a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.