Are you an adrenaline junkie who thrives under pressure? A critical thinker who likes to plan and look around corners to prepare for the next issue or crisis, bringing creative solutions to the table? We are looking for a Senior Manager for our Issues and Crisis Team who will do that and more. Ideal candidates are media-minded and have experience developing strategies across social/digital platforms and content on behalf of a client or company confronted with a reputation-threatening risk or crisis.
What You’ll Do:
- Stay up to date on current social and political events using social listening to help inform business decisions and perspectives for clients.
- Spot trends, monitor for emerging or active issues and “see around the corner” to predict what might happen next and provide thoughtful insights to help mitigate potential risks
- Help connect the dots between partners and clients regarding social media issues strategy
- Manage emerging issues and challenges that have the potential to affect business operations
- Review outgoing assets and content for potential issues or risk to the brand
- Ownership and maintenance of the crisis and issues documents and playbook
What You Have:
- Demonstrated understanding of how content travels on social media, how people increase the profile and impact of their social media posts, and how certain types of content achieve “viral” status
- 5-7 years’ experience in an agency or in-house communications position
- Experience helping lead the development of communications strategy and content on behalf of a client or company confronted with a reputation-threatening crisis
- Comfort serving in counsel to senior corporate executives
- Comfort and confidence in working calmly in high-pressure, high-leverage situations
- Self-starter in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Familiarity with a broad suite of social media tools, including Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok and others
- Proven ability to write simply, clearly and cohesively
- Curiosity about what constitutes and drives news, social media engagement and broader public interest
- Sensitivity to issues that affect clients’ reputations and brand
- Experience working on political campaigns or with activist groups (e.g., environmental activists, food activists, etc.) a plus
Who You Are:
- I’m a go-to leader
- I’m a creative thinker
- I’m a utility player –
- I’m an adrenaline junkie
- My experience is grounded in traditional PR
We are a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Our progressive approach aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to build relevance and deliver maximum impact for our clients. To be successful with our employees and our clients, inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, profoundly diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge campaigns, to corporate reputation, advocacy and consumer insights. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year – in both 2019 and 2020 – and winner of the industry’s first PR-led 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be courageously happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly generous health and wellness benefits including a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.