We’re not looking for someone to simply pitch media....because anyone can inundate inboxes with pitches.
We’re looking for a media strategist who is all about earning attention. We call our media relations specialists CONNECTORS because they use their connections to earn attention for our clients. We’re looking for Connector who can help shape stories to stand out among the thousands of pitches reporters receive every day. A media relations expert who gets excited about using data and our unique Golin tools to determine which journalists will accelerate a story the fastest and furthest.
Golin Connectors don’t just reactively wait for ideas to pitch to media – they proactively think of ideas all the time. They look for relevant, cultural moments our clients can leverage every day, then work with our creatives to turn those ideas into nationally covered media stories. They follow the industry, see the work that’s winning and are hungry to replicate the same success with our clients.
Golin Connectors also roll up their sleeves and work with teams to develop smart media strategies that support the overall ideas and objectives and place those ideas in the right places, for the right targets at the right times. Because we believe the General Market is not so general anymore, we’re redefining our entire approach to media relations to reach a profoundly diverse market, that you – yes you – can help us redefine.
For General Mills, you’ll transform brand milestones and data into compelling stories and craft interesting content that goes beyond the press release. You will work to create and shape a story from the beginning planning stages all the way through execution. Developing media strategies for brand moments and executive visibility plans to ensure our clients are in the news. And you won’t need to do it alone. You’ll be partnered with teams of strategic planners, account catalysts, creatives, designers, and Golin’s digital task force that turns trending, cultural conversations into incredible PR opportunities.
So, consider this our pitch to you, your future will be amazing as a Golin Connector. And we believe you will have all the inspiration, tools and resources to turn this position into a bold, provocative headline for your career.
Sound like you want to Go All In with us? Here are the details:
What You’ll Do:
- Build strong relationships with national, regional and trade media as well as bloggers and influencers that allow you to predict coverage results and contribute to successful earned media strategies
- Continually seek out and create opportunities to place stories in all types of media, from traditional to digital to influencers
- Contribute to and implement media strategies for planned campaigns, ongoing “news engine” programs and real-time news events that lead to ongoing, positive media coverage
- Stay ahead of trends and create story opportunities from real-time news events
- Create great stories from clients’ business developments and data
- Develop compelling, media-focused content, ranging from press releases and written pitches to digital and video content
- Work daily with media across multiple channels, including email, social media and phone
- Respond to issues and crisis communications
- Recommend and track measurement KPIs
- Participate in and attend client meetings
- Collaborate with teams across multiple disciplines and geographies and successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
- Interact with teams and clients to present strategic recommendations addressing challenges and opportunities, as well as in “think on your feet” situations
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree, and at least 6 years of related experience
- Proven experience working with media and a strong portfolio of story placements
- Superior writing and editing skills that can communicate creatively and in an engaging manner
- Understanding of earned media strategy and experience creating media plans
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and superior client service skills
- Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but as part of a team
- Be detail oriented with an ability to focus on the larger picture
- Provide sound counsel and be comfortable providing editorial and response recommendations to clients
- Experience interacting with clients
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and client teams at all levels
We are a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Our progressive approach aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to build relevance and deliver maximum impact for our clients. To be successful with our employees and our clients, inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, profoundly diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge campaigns, to corporate reputation, advocacy and consumer insights. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year – in both 2019 and 2020 -- and winner of the industry’s first PR-led 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.