Our Healthcare Practice is growing fast and we are seeking a dynamic, creative media-savvy leader who will be responsible for setting the vision as well as the development of strategic media relations campaigns for our Healthcare portfolio. This role will be key in building a national healthcare media team with expertise and experience in healthcare and pharmaceuticals. We are looking for proven, bright talent who knows who’s who in the healthcare media landscape.
And, at Golin media relations is at the core of our capabilities. But, our philosophy is different than other agencies. We don’t simply develop strategies or build lists based on gut feelings. We don’t just ask our clients which media outlets are important to them and pitch those reporters. We have developed a unique data-driven approach to media relations. At Golin, we center our media strategies in relevance in three unique ways:
Accelerators of Relevance – using quantitative and qualitative data sources to determine which reporters and influencers are the most relevant to a target audience and which will accelerate a story the fastest and farthest.
The Bridge – created in 2011, The Bridge was one of the world’s first real-time, multi-media engagement centers. The Bridge enables our teams to take advantage of real-time opportunities in policy, media, social discussions and consumer sentiment. In addition, The Bridge is also part production studio as teams aren’t just listening to conversations but also create relevant content based on real-time insights in the moments that matter.
Relevance Radar – this unique tool used in The Bridge allows us to see what’s trending in real-time globally…keeping our finger on the pulse of our clients business in local markets around the world.
And, with all of these tools, this role will have the opportunity to:
- Help to build media strategy for U.S. and global healthcare accounts
- Contribute to new business strategy as it relates to media
- Develop, execute and deliver effective earned media campaigns leveraging Golin tools
- Provide counsel to clients
- Continue to develop and maintain relationships with producers, reporters, bloggers and other influencers
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotech, medical devices, hospital and health systems media relations experience
- Proven people leader with ability to motivate, communicate and set clear direction.
- Direct experience in maximizing media results for data publicity, regulatory milestones, medical meetings and high science stories as well as disease awareness and education
- Knowledge of driving media coverage for corporate healthcare and market access business stories
- Strong writer with excellent attention to detail who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Deep knowledge of the interplay between earned and social media
- Strong relationships with national business and healthcare reporters, editors, and bloggers
- A demonstrated passion for working on significant and complex issues at the intersection of business and healthcare
- Agility in navigating the changing media landscape to evolve communications strategies in new and innovative ways
- Experience securing national coverage in both traditional media (newspapers, magazines, TV) and online media (bloggers) a must
- Solid writing and communication skills with the ability to develop news/story angles and pitches
- Proactive, creative thinker and dynamic team player who is results-driven and works well under pressure
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.