Do you believe that successful performance driven cultures focus on people first?
Are you passionate about being a powerful force in guiding an industry leader toward their goals?
Are you a driver of diversity, equity and inclusion?
If your answers are a resounding yes, then we’d like to talk to you about an exciting position – SVP, Human Resources, for the agency’s largest region, globally.
We are looking for a tireless champion and employee advocate who has an unsurpassed ability to connect with employees – of all levels – in a human way. We view human resources as both the heart and the soul of our organization – not just in safeguarding policies and procedures – but in promoting everyday action and culture.
Simply put, at Golin we think that celebrating, cultivating and guarding the heart and soul of the organization is not only a huge competitive advantage; it’s a critical differentiator for us.
In addition to oversight of human resources administration (legal, compliance, benefits, payroll), this role will predominantly focus on strategic talent programs to help drive business.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the Talent Management function for Golin’s Central Region (Chicago and Dallas)
- Serve as a partner to the Central Region president and her leadership team (in Chicago and Dallas) – joining them as keepers of why Goliners want to come to work every day
- Lead a team of 5 dedicated HR practitioners and recruiters
- Oversight of human resources administration (legal, compliance, benefits, payroll
- Manage and develop programs focused on talent acquisition, management and development.
- Partner with us as we hold ourselves accountable to taking meaningful (and measurable) actions to diversity, equity and inclusion, ensuring that our company reflects the communities in which we live and work
- Serve as a thought partner to Leadership;
- See around corners, anticipating challenges and reacting thoughtfully and quickly to various situations….and use this ability to help leaders do the same
- Creatively problem-solve
- Build and enhance talent programs – (i.e. Learning Week, Golin Boot Camp, Reverse Mentorship, University Outreach Program, Golin Internship, etc).
What You Have:
- 10 - 15+ years of relevant HR experience that includes HR business partnership
- Bachelor’s degree required and HR certification preferred
- Keen understanding of the interconnected relationship between people and our enterprise
- Experience partnering with executive leadership on both strategic and tactical people initiatives
- Experience fostering inclusive work environments and driving diversity, equity and inclusion strategies
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Project management skills with proven experience leading and influencing cross functional teams
- Communication agency or client service organization experience - to understand realities of being in a client-driven business and how HR plays a role
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, creative environment, under a certain level of ambiguity
- Direct knowledge of the recruiting function and hands-on experience overseeing it
- Ability to read a room quickly and adapt (emotional intelligence)
- Decisive and direct communication style; not afraid to have difficult conversations
- Courage to offer a differing point of view
- Ability to earn trust and confidence of senior leaders, staff and direct reports
- Exceptional listener, with the ability to convert what’s heard into appropriate action
We are a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Our progressive approach aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to build relevance and deliver maximum impact for our clients. To be successful with our employees and our clients, inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, profoundly diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge campaigns, to corporate reputation, advocacy and consumer insights. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year – in both 2019 and 2020 – and winner of the industry’s first PR-led 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be courageously happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly generous health and wellness benefits including a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.