Are you the person in your friend group who’s always the first to share new social content or talk about a new influencer before they go viral? The one people come to when they want to know what the new trends or emerging voices are? Then we might want to talk to you!
At Golin, we know relevant brands earn their place in culture. In the age of ad blockers and information on-demand, it’s not something they can simply pay their way into anymore. That’s why we believe our earned-first approach to engagement, brand storytelling, and virtual experiences not only gives us a competitive advantage, but also explains why more than half of our work as a progressive PR agency is digital and social in nature.
And if client enthusiasm and longevity is any indication, then we can confidently say that today, our customer experience team has the creativity to excite Adobe and Lego, the flavor to do with Dew and Cuervo, the speed to feed McDonald’s and PepsiCo, the discipline to safeguard Dow Chemical and Exxon, the heart to engage Purina and Ferrara, and the diversity to complement Crayola and Walmart. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity. We Go All In. Does that fire you up? Read on.
Golin Chicago, our global headquarters, is seeking a Senior Manager to lead influencer strategy who excels at building brands online to drive offline impact. You’ll work with a rock star team of account, creative, media relations, and analytics experts to create and execute marketing programs for the clients. Work will include social strategy development, with an emphasis on influencer strategy and relationship building. You’ll integrate across platforms - owned, earned and paid - to drive results that will generate conversation and get your clients noticed.
Sound like you want to Go All In with us? Here are the details:
What You’ll Do:
- Build and manage relationships with individual influencers and influencer agents/publicists, while also discovering relevant voices for our brands through platforms and database tools
- Develop creative channel and content strategies, based on best practices, channel insights, and a native understanding of popular platforms
- Take the lead on program executions, helping our integrated teams understand the value of and way to incorporate influencers/talent into campaigns
- Keep a pulse on what’s being talked about by media, consumers and influencers – and make recommendations that will drive earned conversation
- Serve as day-to-day influencer contact for clients and influencers; managing deadlines, content reviews, contracts and on the fly requests
- Operate as a key member of the digital team, driving daily actionable results through social content, influencer and consumer engagement or outreach
- Contribute to digital program results reporting and strategy optimizations
- Develop and deliver client presentations and POVs related to digital activations and programs
- Quickly spot opportunities and new industry trends, glean insights, and brainstorm action plans driving results
- Manage, mentor, and coach junior staff with potential to directly oversee 2-3 individuals
How You Work:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that pivots with the speed and volatility of culture
- Step forward and proactively move projects and innovations along—not waiting for someone to tell you what the next steps are, but contributing assertively
- Work well under pressure, remaining focused, positive, and professional
- Have a passion for uncovering the latest cultural meme or popular style to fuel big ideas
- Highly adaptable and ability to shift priorities in real-time to meet client needs
- Energetic, with a deep knowledge of the social, influencer and digital marketing landscape
- Detail oriented and organized – ability to run more than one program at a time and stay on task
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years’ experience in digital, advertising, or PR with a deep understanding of influencer marketing, relationship building, and publicity
- Proven skills to build brand-level influencer strategies from scratch and translate them with complete digital fluency
- Experience identifying robust influencer lists, developing and managing relationships with influencers and using measurement tools
- Experience creating and planning campaigns across social channels such as Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn; preferred experience on TikTok and Twitch
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and problem-solving skills
- New innovative thinking, providing recommendations and opportunities for clients to engage with influencers and consumers in unique ways
- Bonus points if you have a background in pitching media and understand what it takes to drive headlines
We are a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Our progressive approach aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to build relevance and deliver maximum impact for our clients. To be successful with our employees and our clients, inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, profoundly diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge campaigns, to corporate reputation, advocacy and consumer insights. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year – in both 2019 and 2020 – and winner of the industry’s first PR-led 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be courageously happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly generous health and wellness benefits including a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.