Do you check the headlines on your newsfeed before you’ve had your morning coffee? Do you love working at the speed of real-time to spot and influence trends before they become news?
Golin is hiring a savvy Media Relations Sr. Associate to help drive project execution and media results that keeps our clients relevant with top media and influencers. You’ll build strong media and influencer relationships and always be on the lookout for opportunities that lead to coverage. You’ll transform corporate milestones and data into compelling stories and craft interesting content that goes beyond the press release. You’ll engage with media and influencers across a variety of channels, including social media, email and, yes, even a phone call or two. We are looking for someone with the ability to think across platforms by contributing to the integrated media team with the mindset of working in real time.
What You’ll Do:
- Support day-to-day media relations responsibilities
- Partner with account teams to create engaging media campaigns, establish and maintain relationships with media, industry analysts and online influencers, and guide our client’s messaging to resonate with these audiences
- Build long-term media relationships with editors
- Work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with all members of the team
- Engage with clients and agency partners on a regular basis to create innovative programs that help shine a positive light on the client and brand, in addition to reaching new audiences who are receptive to our client’s products
- Partner with clients and other colleagues to amplify new or top-performing content across paid media channels; know which audiences to target – and when – to boost visibility and maximize ROI
- Have a curiosity for analytics. Have the ability to turn a few pieces of data into actionable insights to influence our client’s messaging and media outreach strategy
What You Have:
- A bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of full-time, professional experience
- An understanding of media relations and influencer marketing
- Strong writing and outreach skills are necessary. Not afraid of the ‘cold call’ to establish new relationships
- A passion for securing placements for the client and building relationships with anyone from an engineering website editor to the most influential names at well-known consumer tech outlets
- Knowledge of paid social media bidding, targeting, posting and reporting is a plus
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills are a must, along with the ability meet deadlines, juggle multiple tasks, and handle fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and media monitoring, tracking and reporting
- Well versed in AP style
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
We tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.