Are you the person in your friend group who’s always the first to share new social content or try out new apps, platforms and technologies the day they come out? Then we might want to talk to you!
At Golin, we know relevant brands earn their place in culture. In the age of ad blockers and information on-demand, it isn’t something they can simply pay their way into anymore. That’s why we believe our earned-first approach to engagement, brand storytelling, and virtual experiences not only gives us a competitive advantage, but also explains why more than half of our work as a progressive PR agency is digital and social in nature.
And if client enthusiasm and longevity is any indication, then we can confidently say that today, our customer experience team has the creativity to excite Adobe and Lego, the flavor to do with Dew and Cuervo, the speed to feed McDonald’s and PepsiCo, the discipline to safeguard Dow Chemical and Exxon, the heart to engage Purina and Ferrara, and the diversity to complement Crayola and Walmart. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity. We Go All In. Does that fire you up? Read on.
Golin Chicago, our global headquarters, is seeking a Senior Manager, Digital Strategist who excels at building brands online to drive offline impact. You’ll work with a rock star team of account, creative, media relations, and analytics experts to create and execute marketing programs for the clients. Work will include digital strategy development, with an emphasis on emerging social platforms, app and voice experiences and breakthrough influencer campaigns. You’ll integrate across platforms - owned, earned and paid - to drive results that will generate conversation and get your clients noticed.
Sound like you want to Go All In with us? Here are the details:
What You’ll Do:
- Operate as a leader of the digital team, setting strategy and driving daily actionable results through social content, influencer and consumer engagement or outreach
- Lead the development of new digital and social media ideas to support larger creative ideas, based on best practices and what’s next for our industry
- Maintain an understanding of how our core digital competencies (including analytics, content creation, community management, customer experience, influencer engagement, web strategy and earned/owned/paid media) work together to deliver success for our clients
- Develop creative channel and content strategies, based on best practices, channel insights, and a native understanding of popular platforms
- Take the lead on program executions, helping our integrated teams understand the value of and way to incorporate digital experiences into campaigns
- Contribute to digital program results reporting and strategy optimizations
- Quickly spot opportunities and new industry trends, glean insights, and brainstorm action plans driving results
- Manage, mentor, and coach junior staff with potential to directly oversee 2-3 individuals
How You Work:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that pivots with the speed and volatility of culture
- Step forward and proactively lead projects and innovations—not waiting for someone to tell you what the next steps are, but contributing assertively
- Work well under pressure, remaining focused, positive, and professional
- Have a passion for uncovering the latest cultural meme or popular style to fuel big ideas
- Highly adaptable and ability to shift priorities in real-time to meet client needs
- Energetic, with a deep knowledge of the social, influencer and digital marketing landscape
- Detail oriented and organized – ability to run more than one program at a time and stay on task
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years’ experience in digital, advertising, or PR with a deep understanding of social and digital marketing
- Passion for uncovering the latest digital marketing and social media to fuel big ideas and the curiosity to make them happen
- Proven skills to build innovative social and digital media strategies from scratch and translate them with complete digital fluency
- Experience creating and planning campaigns across social channels such as Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, TikTok and Twitch
- Experience developing relationships with influencers and influencer identification, management and measurement tools
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and problem-solving skills
- A personal commitment to diverse and inclusive thinking.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
We tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.