Golin is hiring a Director of Digital/Social Analytics to join our growing team and lead social analytics and insights for key client. You’ll empower cross-disciplinary teams to provide comprehensive, accurate reports, data-driven insights, and drive strategic business implication. The role of a Director will also be to drive thought and enable effective decision making towards the achievement of the clients’ social/digital and business goals.
The Digital Analytics team generates insights from a variety of digital marketing platforms and initiatives, including desktop/mobile websites, apps, digital media, email, customer relationship management databases, CDP’s, ecommerce platforms, and social media to name a few. In short, if it’s digital, generates data, and can be optimized via inquisitive analytics, you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact.
In addition to working on a high visibility account and across many digital channels, you will also work cross-functionally with account management, creative, strategy and our media team. This role oversees analytics and insights across all social channels and possesses a firm understanding of the uses and audiences for each social channel, ensuring best practices are leveraged across each.
Our ideal candidate is experienced in data driven, customer-level marketing analysis, is an excellent communicator and presenter, has experience creating and selling new offerings into clients, and is an effective leader and people manager.
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership for overall management of analytic projects; including profitability, timeliness, quality and client value
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand the client’s business situation and develop data driven insights to drive marketing strategies.
- Ability to find key insights across disparate sets of data to positively impact the business.
- Demonstrates an ability to think outside the box and take initiative upon themselves in order to solve problems as they arise.
- Align analytics activities to the overall business strategy when driving the direction of the team, projects, and processes
- Develop rapport and relationship of trust with key client personnel ranging from individual contributors to senior leadership
- Ability to tell a concise and impactful narrative of your findings. Display data visually, creating powerful presentations which effectively demonstrate the value of analytic deliverables to client staff including senior leadership
- Develop analytic approaches to solving business problems, provide thought and execution leadership including development of and delivery according to analytic roadmaps and project plans
- Design, plan, manage, lead, and present a wide variety of analytic projects from start to finish.
- Manage the multiple resources and projects concurrently towards ensure successful completion
- Serve as an expert on analytics including:
- Digital analytics spanning web, mobile, email, social, and media
- Deep experience in social content performance for paid and organic posts, across Facebook, IG, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, YT and Snapchat for text, photo, video, reels and lenses messages.
- Measurement solutions including measurement frameworks, reporting, dashboards, attribution
- Formulate the ‘story’ by synthesizing analysis findings, implications, recommendations, and roadmap towards achieving business goals. Develop deliverables including presentations
- Ability to organize and mine large sets of data for insights.
- Ability to stitch data together for omnichannel customer level-views.
- Ability to communicate clearly the findings of a complex analyses.
- Deliver high impact presentations, be the objective voice, be in command of the audience, and turn presentations into dialogue and drive discussions towards decisions and outcomes
- Identify channel best practices based on owned channels, providing ongoing POVs and thought leadership on application to client workstreams
- Develop and update benchmarks for measuring impact of social media efforts in order to determine campaign effectiveness through relevant monitoring tools
- Social reporting, including but not limited to post performance and content type analysis using third-party tools
- Oversee day-to-day activities to optimizing and monetizing the brand's presence across social media platforms
- Spot emerging trends in the social landscape and identify social consumption trends
- Stay up-to-date in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Creation of one-pagers, decks and other requested documents as needed
What you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative and/or qualitative discipline (e.g., Consumer Insights, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or comparable years of relevant professional experience conducting data analytics or working in another analytical field with a demonstrated passion for digital and experience being a key point of contact for one or more concurrent client relationships.
- Ability to think strategically and ‘big picture’, formulate appropriate analytic solutions to solve business needs and experience successfully selling them into clients
- A strong working knowledge of digital and statistical analysis and research methodologies.
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and data driven marketing approaches, measurement and channels for activating 1st party data across channels
- Highly motivated, collaborative team player with excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills:
- Good at developing relationships across diverse teams
- Exhibits confidence and command when presenting to all internal and external audiences.
- Can think on his/her feet.
- Communicate effectively with direct manager, upper management, and clients; synthesizes relevant information on key milestones, success criteria, and risks
- Hands-on experience with most if not all of the analytic ecosystems and tools below:S
- Sprinklr SMMS
- Native platform analytics YT, Google, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, Snapchat, IG, etc
- Google Platform (Analytics, Optimize, and Media Tools)
- Tag Management Tools (Domo, Minerza)
- Advanced level user of Microsoft tools: Excel and PowerPoint
- 5+ years proven managerial or supervisory experience with excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Must have and maintain knowledge of pop culture and viral trends
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, projects, and strong prioritization skills to meet deadlines
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills
Who we are:
We are a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Our progressive approach aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to build relevance and deliver maximum impact for our clients. To be successful with our employees and our clients, inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, profoundly diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge campaigns, to corporate reputation, advocacy and consumer insights. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year – in both 2019 and 2020 – and winner of the industry’s first PR-led 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be courageously happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly generous health and wellness benefits including a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.