ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Golin Chicago (our headquarter office) is looking for an Associate Creative Director
This team has a simple job description: Come up with ideas that break the internet. Yes, really, break it. With fun ideas. Provocative ideas. Totally off the wall ideas. Ideas that make every Creative Director at every other agency in the world want to recruit you away from us.
But you’re not going to leave because you know as an associate creative director you’ll be working on everything from Super Bowl briefs to trying to create the next TikTok challenge to doing something awesome inside of Animal Crossing. Building your books with diverse, channel agnostic work for some of the coolest, biggest brands on the planet.
Not only that, you’ll know for a fact that your ideas are going to earn national attention from Buzzfeed, Complex, Hypebeast, because you’ll have the power of the entire Golin PR media team pitching to make your ideas famous.
As a creative, you’re probably wondering if you’ll be making TV ads. Honestly, you won’t. You’ll be making culture instead. Don’t get us wrong, making ads are awesome but moving culture and making headlines is much better. In fact, our approach has helped us win both Cannes Lions and back-to-back PRWEEK Global Agency of the Year.
We are a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Our progressive approach aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to build relevance and deliver maximum impact for our clients. To be successful with our employees and our clients, inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, profoundly diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge campaigns, to corporate reputation, advocacy and consumer insights. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year – in both 2019 and 2020 -- and winner of the industry’s first PR-led 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In – in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Make it up. Then make it happen.
Job #1 is to bring the freshest, most inspired, most unexpected thinking that solves a client’s problem. Job #2 is to use every creative skill you have to bring your ideas to life. From comps, to stick figure animations, to memes, puppet shows…whatever your idea takes to make it absolutely impossible for a client not to buy it.
- Collaborate with your creative director, strategist, media, digital and account teams to ensure your work is always relevant, strategically sound and headline worthy.
- Communicate your ideas to the clients with clarity, strategic insight and passion.
- Hunt for and share out with the rest of the team what’s breaking in culture BEFORE it breaks in culture.
- Proactive thinking. You’re always bringing ideas because you know not every opportunity lives within the brief.
- 5-8 years’ experience in advertising, social, or digital media. Knowledge of earned media is a plus.
- 109% internet fluency. You know the ins and outs of social media, speak the language of the internet, have gone down YouTube rabbit holes for multiple hours in a row, have uploaded multiple Tik Tok videos and have explored without fear the inner depths of Reddit.
- Art Director: You’re a wizard in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator and have an understanding of visual storytelling.
- Writer: You’re a wizard at using words to communicate emotion and inciting people to hit that share button.
- You’re a genuinely nice person who brings energy every single day to your work and to the agency.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.