Relevant brands earn their place in culture. In the age of ad blockers and information on-demand, it’s not something they can simply pay their way into anymore. That’s why we believe our earned-first approach to engagement and virtual experiences not only gives us a competitive advantage, but also explains why more than half of our work as a progressive PR agency is digital and social in nature.
And if client enthusiasm and longevity is any indication, then we can confidently say that today, our digital customer experience team has the creativity to excite Adobe and Lego, the flavor to do with Dew and Cuervo, the speed to feed McDonald’s and PepsiCo, the discipline to safeguard Dow Chemical and Exxon, the heart to engage Purina and Ferrara, and the diversity to complement Crayola and Walmart. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity. We Go All In. Does that fire you up? Read on.
Golin Chicago, our global headquarters, is seeking a Director— Creative Digital / Social Media Strategy to help lead digital and social media strategies and execution for our largest global client—a Fortune 50 retail brand—working hand-in-hand with the Head of US Innovation and Customer Experiences.
Leveraging progressive tools and techniques, Golin delivers brand stories and experiences when and where audiences seek them online. Our digital work runs the gamut. We’re called on to launch and sell blockbuster products using social media. Harness the power of influencers to drive demand. Improve customer experience through innovative offerings like CXPR™ and The Bridge™ to manage issues online and protect brand reputation, helping clients make smarter business decisions with insights sourced through our intelligence platform, Relevance Radar™.
We’re looking for a visionary innovator who can lead and inspire a team, crafting solutions that help brands deliver across the customer journey. Sound like a match? Let’s connect!
What You'll Do:
- Lead digital strategy, planning, and serve as trusted digital counsel for one of our largest accounts
- Be on the forefront of digital innovation and bring unique, “first of its kind” ideas, campaigns and programs to reach consumers.
- Set the tone for a team of 30+ digital/social strategists, data analysts, community engagement specialists, influencer experts and content creators, ensuring the best and brightest talent is engaged and inspired to deliver exceptional work
- Be a member of the digital and account leadership teams. Collaborate with other leaders to drive best in class work
- Manage and mentor direct reports across varying lines of business, both local and virtual
- Proactively prospect for digital opportunities, lead digital-first pitches and assume a substantial role on core client teams
- Ensure flawless execution of digital and social media campaigns.
- Work collaboratively across our G4 communities to integrate digital thinking into client teams and integrated assignments
- Champion external thought leadership and incubate new ideas and ways of working inside
What You Have:
- 9+ years of experience in multi-faceted digital marketing
- Understanding of the nuanced digital platforms and how consumers use them.
- Design skills - from comping a killer image for a quick turn social post to overseeing a commercial production
- Track record of winning, cultivating and organically growing digital business
- Expert level knowledge of digital/social strategy and execution, content creation and distribution; influencer marketing; familiarity with paid digital media and analytics. Bonus points for digital experience development, like web, apps, and emerging technology like AR
- Proven knack for developing innovative digital strategies shaped by data that deliver quantifiable results
- Insatiable curiosity about emerging digital marketing channels, platforms, and best practices and ability to share knowledge with others
- Impeccable presentation skills to inspire C-level clients and colleagues alike
- Demonstrated ability to lead a sizeable, diverse digital team
- Champion of diverse talent, proactively cultivates an inclusive culture, and uses cultural competence to drive agency and client’s business forward
We’re passionate about the power of earned-first digital thinking. An idea that earns conversation, clicks, and coverage online can always work in paid media. But the reverse isn’t true – campaigns solely reliant on paid to engage often fail to earn attention and action. That’s why our earned-first orientation delivers super-sized digital results for some of the world’s most respected companies.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
We tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.