About Goldin Auctions:
Goldin Auctions is the leading trading cards, collectibles and memorabilia marketplace, serving millions of customers globally. The company achieved over $100M in sales in 2020 and is on track to 4x growth in 2021. This is a rare opportunity to join the team of a profitable business in an exciting market that is experiencing hyper growth. Goldin is now a part of Collectors Holdings, which includes PSA and PCGS, two of the largest and most respected cards and coin graders in the world. Our company is backed by the best investors in the world across media, technology and sports, including New York Mets owner Steve Cohen, D1 and Dan Sundheim, entrepreneur Nat Turner, The Chernin Group and many pro athletes, team owners, technology founders and more.
Reporting to the Director of CRM & Lifecycle Marketing, the Email Marketing Associate/Senior Associate will be responsible for maximizing engagement, primarily through email, with Goldin’s user base - both buyers and sellers. They will lead holistic execution and optimization of product-triggered, event-triggered, and campaign-based messages throughout every step of the customer lifecycle, from activation to engagement, and retention to referrals. They will leverage 3rd party tools. They will work closely across departments, including Product, Technology, BD & Content, Analytics, Finance, Customer Support, and others.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Day-to-day execution of Goldin’s email programs, including coding emails, creating audience segments, setting up tests, building and scheduling email campaigns, quality assurance, monitoring and reporting campaign results
- Own Goldin’s email content creation, copy direction, and brief creation supported by cross-functional teams
- Maintain Goldin’s email calendar and email cadence, and ensure all creative deadlines are met
- Design and execute A/B subject line, creative, copy and promotions tests
- Manage review and approval process for email content
- Develop strategy and content for partner emails, manage relationships, and coordinate execution to ensure accurate and timely delivery
- Weekly and monthly email program reporting and analysis with data driven recommendations for improving the program - leverage email performance and behavioral data, customer data, test results, etc., to support recommendations
- Manage coordination between external agencies and internal Tech/Creative/Marketing Teams, putting processes in place where they do not exist today
- Responsible for overall health of Goldin’s emailable file
- Own execution of future channels including SMS, direct mail and push notifications, including content and strategy
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure unified messaging across internal and external channels (e.g., Social, Partnerships, Paid, etc.)
- Own and manage special projects as needed
Note: Scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands
- 2-4 years experience in an email marketing role; omni-channel direct-to-consumer brand experience is a plus; sports memorabilia, sports tech, marketplace and/or auction platform experience is also a plus
- Marketing degree or related
- Ability to build HTML/CSS emails, to use and develop simple templates, etc.
- Experience working with ESPs - ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Constant Contact, Active Campaign, etc.
- Very comfortable with data (Excel, Google Analytics, business insights tools (e.g., Looker))
- Experience with email personalization and dynamic content is a plus
- Solid understanding of email KPIs, deliverability metrics, and knowledge of email delivery best practices
- Great attention to detail, time management skills, and strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while cutting through complexity to make decisions and meet strict deadlines
- Both a self-starter and team player with great energy and drive
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to manage various projects at once in an ever-changing environment, while working well with cross-functional teams
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Strong written and grammatical skills
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Whatever equipment you need to excel
- Hybrid Work Schedule: 2-3 Days in NY Union Square Location, rest remote
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goldin Auctions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Goldin Auctions is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Goldin Auctions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Goldin Auctions will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.