About the Role
GoldieBlox is seeking a Project Manager who possesses a strong knowledge of the toy design and development process or similar consumer product industry.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, is an exceptional communicator and confidently can handle a large scope of tasks simultaneously.
She/he is detail orientated and can quickly absorb technical information and translates it to a variety of audiences.
The Project Manager will work closely with all cross-functional team members and overseas partners. She/he will manage all product timelines and their deliverables to achieve business goals.
- Steer the design, development and packaging processes for the Goldie Blox toy line.
- Acts as the key liaison between all team members and overseas partners.
- Refines and/or implements processes to improve design and development workflow.
- Leads and drives the master calendar of all critical product development events.
- Supports the Director of Engineering to ensure product quality and manufacturing specifications are met.
- Manages sample creation to support Marketing events.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Asia for product development.
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience in toys or related industry.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience communicating with overseas manufacturing vendors and suppliers.
- An understanding of engineering principles and practices.
- Experience sourcing new materials and components a plus.
- Knowledge of plastics, part design, and related manufacturing processes.
- Has a personable attitude, not a drill sergeant.
- Has an eye for design, strives for excellence and thrives in the details.
GoldieBlox is the award-winning children’s multimedia company disrupting the pink aisle in toy stores globally and challenging gender stereotypes with the world’s first girl engineer character. Through the integration of storytelling and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) principles, GoldieBlox creates toys, books, apps, videos, animation, and merchandise; the tools that empower girls to build their confidence, dreams and ultimately, their futures.
Since its founding in 2012, GoldieBlox has been recognized as a leader in children’s entertainment and has reached billions of consumers through TV, radio and digital as the first start-up with a Super Bowl commercial and a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. In 2014, Fast Company named GoldieBlox to its list of Most Innovative Companies, and GoldieBlox was recognized with The Toy Industry Association’s Toy of the Year and Apple's iOS App of the Year awards. In 2015, GoldieBlox won Parents Magazine’s Toy of the Year and founder, Debbie Sterling, was inducted by President Obama as a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship, honored by the National Retail Foundation as one of 25 “People Shaping Retail’s Future,” and by the National Women’s History Museum with a “Living Legacy” Award for her work inspiring girls.
GoldieBlox has had over 1 million app downloads and over 1 million toys sold across more than 6,000 major retailers worldwide. To learn more, visit www.goldieblox.com.