About the Role:
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for developing and executing all third party retail sales channels (e.g., mass, mid-tier, specialty, education, international) for GoldieBlox products.
You will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer to develop a retail distribution sales and marketing plan and the Online Marketing Director, who manages ecommerce sales on GoldieBlox.com and Amazon, to coordinate online and offline sales efforts.
- Identifying, cultivating and maintaining all retail partners, distributors and sales channels
- Creating and implementing short/medium/long-term account strategies in concert with Marketing and Product Development, including identifying buyer influences, product needs and pricing negotiation
- Establishing and maintaining deep relationships at each Key Account, including but not limited to buyers, assistant buyers, DMMs, VP’s, inventory managers and marketing managers
- Forecasting and achieving budgeted sales volumes, prices, profit margins and marketing dollars across all GoldieBlox retail channels
- Developing and coordinating promotional marketing programs with key strategic retail partners for new product launches and key selling seasons
- Analyzing weekly sell-through reports from each account, with an eye towards creating and implementing programs to proactively move goods through the register
- Administering the Company’s CRM (Zoho) to maintain monthly account forecasts and sales funnel, including keeping record of all customer meetings with specific action items
- Managing and coaching direct reports, including the Specialty Sales Manager and Sales Coordinator
- Collaborating harmoniously with management of all other departments to maintain a unified front for steady company workflow.
- 10+ years in major account sales. Experience within the consumer product industry necessary; toy industry and/or strong mission driven brand experience preferred.
- Experience developing and executing promotional sales programs with major retailers
- A proven track record delivering financial results
- Bachelor's Degree
- You are a leader, capable of drafting a sales strategy, building alignment throughout the company and managing a team through execution
- You enjoy a collaborative work environment and love creative brainstorms
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited about working at fast-paced start-up
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and thrives in such an environment
- You are a kid at heart, you have a playful attitude and enjoy being around children
- You live in or are willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area (We are in Oakland, CA)
GoldieBlox is the award-winning children’s multimedia company disrupting the pink aisle in toy stores globally and challenging gender stereotypes with the world’s first girl engineer character. Through the integration of storytelling and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) principles, GoldieBlox creates toys, books, apps, videos, animation and merchandise; the tools that empower girls to build their confidence, dreams and ultimately, their futures.
Since its founding in 2012, GoldieBlox has been recognized as a leader in children’s entertainment and has reached billions of consumers through TV, radio and digital as the first start-up with a Super Bowl commercial and a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. In 2014, Fast Company named GoldieBlox to its list of Most Innovative Companies, and GoldieBlox was recognized with The Toy Industry Association’s Toy of the Year and Apple's iOS App of the Year awards. In 2015, GoldieBlox won Parents Magazine’s Toy of the Year and founder, Debbie Sterling, was inducted by President Obama as a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship, honored by the National Retail Foundation as one of 25 “People Shaping Retail’s Future,” and by the National Women’s History Museum with a “Living Legacy” Award for her work inspiring girls.
GoldieBlox has had over 1 million app downloads and over 1 million toys sold across more than 6,000 major retailers worldwide. To learn more, visit www.goldieblox.com.