GoldieBlox is looking for a strategic marketing leader with a passion for the mission of girl-empowerment, management skills to lead an exceptionally creative team, and the quantitative skills to deliver financial results. You will not only drive toy sales, but you will build the GoldieBlox brand with both parents and kids, expanding awareness of the entertainment, apps, books, and other licensing. In this critical, high profile role you will shape the voice of the company from the initial marketing plans to delivery across communications platforms.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build our digital marketing strategy including social, content marketing, email, digital advertising and e-commerce
- Build the social media and email databases on our platforms
- Plan, brief out, and manage a multi-platform digital advertising campaign, driving advertising-to-sales efficiencies through data analytics
- Oversee the redesign of GoldieBlox.com and Amazon.com to deliver a AAA brand and shopping experience, integrated into the digital advertising campaign
- Oversee both qualitative research and data analytics, and provide leadership and creative thinking around market trends and consumer insights
- Act as a key point person with partner companies
- Lead a team direct reports and outside support, through strategy, creative execution, and data analysis to accomplish goals
- Through all of the above, drive brand revenue and profitability to meet financial objectives
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Content and/or Digital Marketing. Experience in consumer products and/or entertainment preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- A track record delivering financial results. The more innovative the means, the better
- You are a leader, capable of drafting a marketing plan, building alignment throughout the company, and managing a team through execution
- You enjoy a collaborative work environment and love creative brainstorms
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited about working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and in fact thrives in such an environment
- You are a kid at heart, you have a playful attitude and enjoy being around children
- You live in or are willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area. (We are in Oakland, CA)
The Good Stuff:
- Twice weekly catered lunch
- Happy hours, dinners and other fun stuff
- Full benefits and competitive salary
GoldieBlox is the award-winning children’s multimedia company disrupting the pink aisle in toy stores globally and challenging gender stereotypes with the world’s first girl engineer character. Through the integration of storytelling and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) principles, GoldieBlox creates toys, books, apps, videos, animation and merchandise; the tools that empower girls to build their confidence, dreams and ultimately, their futures.
Since its founding in 2012, GoldieBlox has been recognized as a leader in children’s entertainment and has reached billions of consumers through TV, radio and digital as the first start-up with a Super Bowl commercial and a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. In 2014, Fast Company named GoldieBlox to its list of Most Innovative Companies, and GoldieBlox was recognized with The Toy Industry Association’s Toy of the Year and Apple's iOS App of the Year awards. In 2015, GoldieBlox won Parents Magazine’s Toy of the Year and founder, Debbie Sterling, was inducted by President Obama as a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship, honored by the National Retail Foundation as one of 25 “People Shaping Retail’s Future,” and by the National Women’s History Museum with a “Living Legacy” Award for her work inspiring girls.
GoldieBlox has had over 1 million app downloads and over 1 million toys sold across more than 6,000 major retailers worldwide. To learn more, visit www.goldieblox.com.