About This Position:
GoldieBlox is hiring a Social Media Marketer to maintain the company's strong brand voice and audience engagement across all platforms. You will be executing the growth strategy across multiple channels, working closely with the rest of the Marketing team to achieve measurable goals around engagement, reach and sales conversion. You must be a great communicator, creative, analytical, and passionate about our company mission of empowering the next generation of girls.
Must live in or be willing to relocate to the SF Bay Area.
- Curate appropriate content for social media channels to provide thought leadership in the “girl power” space
- Design and create content for goldieblox.com as a destination for the most highly engaged fans
- Participate in activations (Twitter chats, hashtag campaigns, etc.) around important events and contribute to larger conversations that speak to the GoldieBlox mission
- Community management: Respond to mission-based comments from the community via social media in an always-urgent fashion. (Forward product related inquiries to the Customer Service department)
- Field inquiries for partnership and collaboration opportunities that come in via social media
- Write consumer-facing email newsletter and provide input for the corresponding art
- Manage email list growth and health; provide recommendations on conversion points (pop-ups, embedded forms, etc.) across all digital properties
- Collaborate in identifying campaign themes for tentpole events that speak to the GoldieBlox mission
The Good Stuff:
- Social media maven
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to collaborate well with Graphic Designers to communicate through a mix of words and images and videos
- Comfort utilizing (and learning if necessary) software platforms such as Hootsuite, Emma, Shopify, Google Analytics, Word Press, etc.
- Self starter
- Team player who is willing to roll up her/his sleeves to get the job done
- Twice weekly catered lunch
- Happy hours, dinners and other fun stuff
- Full benefits and competitive salary
GoldieBlox is the award-winning children’s multimedia company disrupting the pink aisle in toy stores globally and challenging gender stereotypes with the world’s first girl engineer character. Through the integration of storytelling and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) principles, GoldieBlox creates toys, books, apps, videos, animation and merchandise; the tools that empower girls to build their confidence, dreams and ultimately, their futures.
Since its founding in 2012, GoldieBlox has been recognized as a leader in children’s entertainment and has reached billions of consumers through TV, radio and digital as the first start-up with a Super Bowl commercial and a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. In 2014, Fast Company named GoldieBlox to its list of Most Innovative Companies, and GoldieBlox was recognized with The Toy Industry Association’s Toy of the Year and Apple's iOS App of the Year awards. In 2015, GoldieBlox won Parents Magazine’s Toy of the Year and founder, Debbie Sterling, was inducted by President Obama as a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship, honored by the National Retail Foundation as one of 25 “People Shaping Retail’s Future,” and by the National Women’s History Museum with a “Living Legacy” Award for her work inspiring girls.
GoldieBlox has had over 1 million app downloads and over 1 million toys sold across more than 6,000 major retailers worldwide. To learn more, visit www.goldieblox.com.