About The Role:
We are looking for a senior level Toy Designer with a background in industrial design to join our team! GoldieBlox is the girl-power company known for making STEM fun for kids. You will play a critical role in bringing to life the next generation of play that makes STEM even more relevant in a girl’s life. In the next phase of growth, GoldieBlox is updating the brand look and feel, and you will help define that experience for kids.
Through sketching, illustrating, rendering, and material selection you will bring the look and feel, and collaborate with a team of designers and engineers on defining an innovative new way to play. As a member of the toy team, you will work across the design, engineering, marketing and executive teams to develop and refine our next generation of products. You'll handle the entire industrial design of a new product line. You will be a part of the design process from translating physical sketch models into preliminary 2D illustrations to final 3D models for manufacturing.
- Play a key role in updating the brand look of the product line in concert with the development of the entertainment
- Be the industrial design vision on a new category-defining product line
- Create concept sketches, renderings, material choices, etc. to bring the experience to life and build alignment across the company
- Be a key voice in creating concepts, refining the play experience, and collaborating in design direction decisions
- Bachelor's Degree in toy design / industrial design or equivalent degree
- 5 - 10 years+ professional experience in a design role (at least 3+ in toy design)
- Top notch sketching & illustration skills with a prior knowledge of aesthetics that appeal to a girl’s “Maker” instincts
- Expert skill level in current design software (2D and 3D)
- Experience with mixed materials & manufacturing
- Experience producing trend boards
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and consistently demonstrate a high level of organizational skill
GoldieBlox is the award-winning children’s multimedia company disrupting the pink aisle in toy stores globally and challenging gender stereotypes with the world’s first girl engineer character. Through the integration of storytelling and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) principles, GoldieBlox creates toys, books, apps, videos, animation and merchandise; the tools that empower girls to build their confidence, dreams and ultimately, their futures.
Since its founding in 2012, GoldieBlox has been recognized as a leader in children’s entertainment and has reached billions of consumers through TV, radio and digital as the first start-up with a Super Bowl commercial and a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. In 2014, Fast Company named GoldieBlox to its list of Most Innovative Companies, and GoldieBlox was recognized with The Toy Industry Association’s Toy of the Year and Apple's iOS App of the Year awards. In 2015, GoldieBlox won Parents Magazine’s Toy of the Year and founder, Debbie Sterling, was inducted by President Obama as a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship, honored by the National Retail Foundation as one of 25 “People Shaping Retail’s Future,” and by the National Women’s History Museum with a “Living Legacy” Award for her work inspiring girls.
GoldieBlox has had over 1 million app downloads and over 1 million toys sold across more than 6,000 major retailers worldwide. To learn more, visit www.goldieblox.com.