About The Role
As a member of the GoldieBlox team, you’ll be responsible for developing and visually communicating our brand consistently across 360° touch points. From sales collateral to consumer packaging to email blasts to digital interfaces, you will help us build an iconic brand that resonates emotionally with parents and kids alike.
GoldieBlox is the leading girl-power brand for the next generation. We make award-winning toys, apps, and media that get girls into engineering and technology. We are building a multi-media franchise brand to help the next generation build the future.
- Develop and maintain GoldieBlox’s visual brand assets: including typography, color palette, graphic language, photography style, etc.
- Work with our Product, Sales and Marketing teams on visual assets for collateral, packaging, web, digital, toy design, social media, etc.
- Contribute to the creative development of our brand and products
- Manage photo shoots and visual merchandising
- Conduct research to stay on top of design trends in the toy and children’s media categories
- You have a genius sense of layout composition and love colors and typography.
- You enjoy a collaborative work environment and love creative brainstorms
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited about working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- You’re obsessed with innovation and always strive to think of out-of-the box solutions to problems
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and in fact thrives in such an environment
- You enjoy seeing how users experience your design and adapting accordingly
- You are a kid at heart, you have a playful attitude and enjoy being around children
- You live or are willing to relocate to the San Francisco bay area
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic design or related field is a must
- Current online portfolio is a must
- 3+ years professional experience in a design role
- Expert skill level in current design software (Creative Suite)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and consistently demonstrate a high level of organizational skill
- Experience with UI/web/mobile design a plus
- Experience with after effects/ 3D is a plus
- Experience with agile/scrum/xp processes a plus
GoldieBlox is the award-winning children’s multimedia company disrupting the pink aisle in toy stores globally and challenging gender stereotypes with the world’s first girl engineer character. Through the integration of storytelling and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) principles, GoldieBlox creates toys, books, apps, videos, animation and merchandise; the tools that empower girls to build their confidence, dreams and ultimately, their futures.
Since its founding in 2012, GoldieBlox has been recognized as a leader in children’s entertainment and has reached billions of consumers through TV, radio and digital as the first start-up with a Super Bowl commercial and a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. In 2014, Fast Company named GoldieBlox to its list of Most Innovative Companies, and GoldieBlox was recognized with The Toy Industry Association’s Toy of the Year and Apple's iOS App of the Year awards. In 2015, GoldieBlox won Parents Magazine’s Toy of the Year and founder, Debbie Sterling, was inducted by President Obama as a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship, honored by the National Retail Foundation as one of 25 “People Shaping Retail’s Future,” and by the National Women’s History Museum with a “Living Legacy” Award for her work inspiring girls.
GoldieBlox has had over 1 million app downloads and over 1 million toys sold across more than 6,000 major retailers worldwide. To learn more, visit www.goldieblox.com.