About the Position
We are looking for a creative and passionate manager to generate sponsorship revenue and develop detailed activation plans for the burgeoning Esports franchises affiliated with our organization. In this role, you will implement strategies to grow contractual assets among current sponsors to increase overall Esports sponsorship revenue. To be successful, you should have previous business development and revenue generation experience within Esports, gaming, and digital verticals along with a track record of exceeding sales goals. This position reports to the Director, Esports Partnerships.
This is a full-time position based in Los Angeles, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination (including booster, if eligible) will be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Achieve sponsorship sales revenue goals and maximize the sale of fully integrated sponsorship packages across multiple Esports properties, including Golden Guardians (LoL NALCS) and Warriors Gaming Squad (NBA 2K),
- Build corporate partnership relationships and generate revenue via short-term and long-term strategic sponsorship sales plans
- Continuously drive new business relationships and increase revenue by presenting innovative proposals
- Lead sales meetings and pitch presentations on a regular basis; represent the organization’s best interests in partner contract negotiations with input from cross-functional teams (internal and external)
- Research, identify and track sponsorship prospects regionally and nationally within key industries
- Report weekly on various sales-related metrics including pipeline generation, account status, revenue/quota attainment and relevant sponsor interaction
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of sales and business development experience for a game publisher, Esports league/franchise/agency or digital media and entertainment company
- Successful record of achieving/exceeding sales targets
- Experience developing engaging pitches, presentations, promotional campaigns and proposals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to collaborate, influence and build positive relationships within a multitude of business environments
- Eye for business including contract negotiation, strategic relationship building, campaign measurement (data and analytics), creative thinking and problem solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, social media and digital space
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and efficiently lead and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Ability to attend all applicable games and special events; minimal travel required
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment