About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a Corporate Communications Specialist to play a vital role in the development and implementation of new strategies to improve our business operations. In this role, you will support the public relations and corporate communications team on all media efforts, including non-basketball initiatives and events for the Warriors, Chase Center and Thrive City events alongside partners, Community Relations, Marketing, Special Events and other internal teams. This position reports to the Manager, Corporate Communications.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications team to develop the Warriors and Chase Center’s communication goals
- Support Warriors business initiatives within the company’s revenue generating teams (e.g., Ticket Sales, Corporate Partnerships, Marketing, etc.) via PR campaigns and media events
- Generate coverage for Warriors community relations efforts and lead player appearance schedules and reminders
- Execute PR strategy for Thrive City retail and restaurant location openings and outdoor events on the property
- Manage the Corporate Communication team's PR event calendar, including company-wide external events (basketball games, concerts, Thrive City events, etc.) to ensure a strategic PR approach
- Lead communications strategy for Warriors Esports teams
- Write and produce related media materials including vital messages, superlatives, media pages, press releases and other media materials as needed
- Build and maintain positive relationships with newspaper editors, business writers, news producers, and radio news reporters locally and globally
- Create and track public relations plans across all business operations; provide support to the team with media needs during special events and public appearances
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications/PR/Journalism, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of public relations/media relations within entertainment, events, sports, business and news media in the Bay Area and nationwide; familiarity with sports and entertainment PR practices highly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication, service and resolution skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with partners and peers at all levels within the organization
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment