We at the Santa Cruz Warriors are seeking a diligent, committed and reliable Facilities Maintenance Assistant to join our high energy and collaborative staff to assist with maintaining the arena. We are looking for a dynamic individual with the passion and dedication to utilize your excellent organizational and be a representative for our growing team.
If you love sports, enjoy talking with others and are highly motivated this role is for you! This is an excellent opportunity for you to be a part of our growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and drive for results.
This is a part-time position reporting to the Manager, Event Operations and is based in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Provide ongoing general cleanliness and organization of the Arena, Locker Room Areas, Weight Room, Coaches Room, Corridors
- Build and prepare Arena for all events and complete tasks that include, but are not limited to, court preparation and cleanliness, supply replenishment, trash removal, and another labor-intensive tasks
- Follow direction of Facilities Supervisor and/or Event Manager for seating arrangements and venue set-up and/or breakdown for outside events and game days
- Take initiative to identify areas requiring maintenance (i.e. repair, replacement or upgrade) and creatively explore solutions for arena storage and space limitations
- Collaborate and communicate for with facilities team (Business Manager, Facilities Supervisor and Event Manager) relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the property
- Assist facilities team to ensure use of best practices in operation of facilities and in providing of services in accordance with company policy and operating standards.
- Complete projects based on the assigned completion date provided by Facility Supervisor or Event Manager
Required Experience and Skills
- Experience in a facilities or arena setting or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently, accept direction on assigned tasks and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent integrity and stay in sync with all OSHA, ADA and other safety and security policies
- Have clear communication skills with the willingness to learn and thrive in a growing environment
- Be organized, detail oriented and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time
- Highly motivated with a strong dedication to be successful and aim to grow within the organization
- Ability to bend, stretch and lift up to 50 lbs
- Manage the facility for outside events as scheduled
Santa Cruz Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment