Would you like to be part of the business organization for the Bay Area’s professional NBA team?
The Golden State Warriors is looking for a self-motivated; customer service-based IT Arena Support Specialist to join our IT department for our state-of-the-art facility in San Francisco. In this integral role, you will support the opening of Chase Center Arena in providing arena network and AV systems support and assist in all imperative IT functions.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise and improve your craft, while learning more about a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization which values your initiative, creativity and work towards results.
This is a full-time position based in Oakland and will relocate to San Francisco mid-2019 collaborating with the Manager of IT Arena Support
- Provide event day setup and support for all Chase Center events (sports and concerts)
- Provide technical support and equipment setup for radio and TV broadcast connectivity and NBA scorer’s table and the media at Chase Center Arena.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate equipment pertaining to the above including the routine testing, proper handling and storage of, and maintaining an inventory of all related equipment
- Provide dedicated and reactive AV and Network support
- Share knowledge and standard methodologies across the IT organization
- Take initiative and develop daily/weekly system testing to ensure trouble-free execution
- Develop, organize, and maintain elite levels of service and support
- Maintain and solve network issues including, but not limited to Wireless, WAN, LAN, switching and routing, and port assignments/changes
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships
- Assist Warriors IT team and its contractors with the setup, removal and troubleshooting of NBA game and other event day equipment
- Provide setup, removal and support for other events at Chase Center as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
This position requires a resilient professional with determination, fortitude, commitment and the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of general IT troubleshooting skills and an understanding of computer network connectivity, hardware, operating systems, and Microsoft application fundamentals
- Certification in technical education program for A+, or other related IT certification preferred
- Crestron certification preferred
- CompTia Net+, Aruba ACMA, ACCA, ACSA preferred
- Possess a strong customer service orientation
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability for area of responsibility and related results
- Ability to properly use common tools to cut and create coaxial and Ethernet cables
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, early mornings, late nights and extended hours as needed
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.