About the Position
The Warriors are seeking a Manager to join the FP&A team to support the continued growth of the business. In this role, you will partner closely with the Director of FP&A, Accounting team and department heads while taking ownership over the annual and quarterly planning process. We are looking for a self-starter with incredible attention to detail, financial acumen, aptitude for technology, and a desire to work within a fast-paced environment. Does this sound like you? If so, then we want to hear from you!
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and commitment.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco reporting to our Director, FP&A
- Manage the annual financial planning process, including the development of robust revenue, expense and cash forecast assumptions
- Develop robust models to streamline decision-making. Ensure financial objectives such as margins, growth, efficiency, productivity, etc. are appropriately analyzed and understood by business partners
- Prepare presentations and provide recommendations to senior management, including developing and reporting metrics and key performance indicators
- Manage the quarterly forecast process, including variance analysis and reporting
- Work closely with department leadership to obtain business insights to be incorporated into the rolling forecast
- Partner with the company’s accounting team for month-end and quarter-end close reporting, driving internal processes to maintain and improve predictability of financial results
- Responsible for monthly reporting of actuals and variance analysis to department leadership
- Assist in preparation of: monthly reporting package and financial analytics for senior management, Executive Board and Ownership presentations, and reporting to league and other external parties
- Maintain financial assumptions and working model in Adaptive planning tool
- Ad hoc scenario analysis
- Oversight and management of two financial analyst roles
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 5-7+ years of experience with reporting and forecasting in an FP&A environment
- 3+ years of team management experience
- Experience building and maintaining full three-statement financial models and multi-entity consolidation
- Solid foundation of general accounting principles (e.g. validating accruals/re-class activity)
- Self-starter, team player, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; ability to gather and analyze financial and operational data to develop projections and forecasts
- Advanced MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel - e.g. vlookups, pivot tables, if/then statements and other advanced calculations and formulas)
- Working knowledge of financial reporting systems (NetSuite) and/or financial planning systems (Adaptive Planning)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment