About the Position:
Are you a self starter with incredible attention to detail, aptitude for technology, and a desire to work with a dynamic environment? If this sounds like you, The Golden State Warriors, is seeking a Senior Accountant for our organization. This position is being developed in large part to the arrival of the highly anticipated Chase Center which will be the new home to the Golden State Warriors, Thrive City, and other new business ventures.
This role will be an integral contributor to the finance and business operations and will have a broad range of duties including various aspects of monthly close and general ledger responsibilities as designated by the Accounting Operations Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and drive for results.
This is a full-time position in Oakland, CA, relocating to San Francisco, CA in mid-2019.
- Prepare, review, upload and post journal entries
- Perform monthly balance sheet and cash reconciliations to ensure company assets and liabilities are properly accounted for accurately and completely
- Perform accounting research and produce documentation to support the adoption of new accounting pronouncements and policy decisions. Experience with ASC 842 is considered an advantage
- Manage all aspects of fixed asset tracking approval and classification
- Participate in the month-end close process, perform monthly duties assigned to facilitate timely close, including reporting
- Complete OPEX reviews as necessary to resolve appropriate accounting treatment of various transactions
- Assist the Accounting Operations Manager in preparation of audit requests as needed
- Perform special research and projects for the general ledger as required
- Prepare reports as requested on an ad-hoc basis
- Make recommendations on accounting procedures derived from new lines of business and ventures. Implement and document policies as needed.
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA highly preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in an accounting related role, Big 4 experience preferred
- Willingness and ability to learn general ledger responsibilities, journal entry preparation, monthly & annual close processes including ERP accounting software, preferably NetSuite
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of accounting principles/practices, internal controls, and reporting requirements
- Ability to prepare, organize and analyze complex financial information
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Proven flexibility with changing priorities; ability to effectively organize, prioritize and time manage workload
- Curiosity, Tenacity, Precision, and Process are considered valuable attributes for this role
- Ability to work cross-functionally and at different levels within and outside the organization
- An encouraging colleague and teammate with strong communication and interpersonal skills while also being an effective independent member of the team
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment