About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are seeking a dynamic individual to join the Warriors Community Foundation team and lead the development, execution, and management of our initiative, Generation Thrive. In partnership with Kaiser Permanente, the Warriors Community Foundation is creating an innovative philanthropic accelerator to support youth-serving nonprofits dedicated to promoting educational equity and wellness in Oakland and San Francisco. Generation Thrive, which will operate out of the current Warriors Practice Facility and Front Office, will support community organizations and allies that serve youth with key resources, technical assistance, training, and networking opportunities to help accelerate the impact of their respective initiative. The program is designed to increase the capacity of nonprofits to reach and effectively serve greater numbers of youth and enhance the ability to build a thriving community together. The potential for Generation Thrive to expand its programming and partners, and deepen its impact, is unlimited.
Are you a strategic leader? Are you excited to bring together our community in an effort to support development and growth that benefit youth in need? If so, then this might be the opportunity for you!
This is a full-time position and is based in Oakland, CA.
- Articulate and promote the mission and values of Generation Thrive; heighten brand awareness, and expand outreach within the community
- Play a key operational role in crafting signature fundraising programs and components; lead fundraising activities and provide day-to-day direction throughout the year
- Lead the development and execution of Generation Thrive programming in Oakland and San Francisco
- Assist with the planning of events housed under Generation Thrive
- Build and nurture relationships with key partners
- Provide day-to-day management of Generation Thrive including financial planning, operations, marketing communications, and social media presence
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus on non-profit management, philanthropy, or a related field
- 6-8 years of experience in a high performing philanthropic program with success in program development, space management, community engagement, project management, public affairs, communications, and event planning
- Ability to collaborate, influence and build partnerships with a multitude of partners across corporate, non-profit, education, government and community environments
- Ability to represent the team at events and in meetings with community and government leaders, corporate partners and other influential partners
- Strong business insight, analytical/operational skills, and program management skills
- A pulse on, and understanding of, the issues facing the Bay Area community
- Ability to work nights, weekend and holidays
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment