About the Position
Do you have a unique and creative eye for creating new and diverse content? Do you enjoy developing strategic plans and implementing best practices to achieve excellence? If so, we need you on our team!
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a passionate and dynamic Director of Entertainment Programming who will play a critical role in the creation, innovation and exploration of new content and entertainment strategy for game experience at games and Chase Center Events. We will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with Studio and Event Presentation teams to develop, schedule and program entertainment and content in a strategic method to ensure fan satisfaction. To be successful in this role, you will possess strong skills in producing, a creative eye for talent, master of idea generation and have a good understanding fan engagement. You will keep up with the latest trends, have extensive knowledge and appreciation for music and the art of performance with a sports mindset. We believe that collaboration, passion, and dedication is what makes the team successful.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise and improve your craft, while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and work towards results.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
- Create, lead and produce in-game entertainment content including videos, graphics, contests, on-court presentations and live entertainment
- Collaborate with Warriors Studio for new content development including the ideation process, research, scheduling and programming of in-game video content
- Research and secure the best external talent and acts to perform at Warriors home games in-game, pre-game for all areas of the Chase Center on game day
- Sets and monitors group sales act standards and approves all entertainment performances
- Book and oversee national anthem and halftime acts for all home games
- Handle and process contracts and payment for performers and vendors
- Provide Partnerships new and entertaining in-game content, including on-court promotions, fan interactive elements
- Produce and program Warriors TV pre-game show for 41 home games and play-offs, providing a content list to Game Operations for scripting
- Create and manage the content and entertainment schedule for each game providing game inventory sheets for Game Operations to script
- Handles coordination and creation of all in-game reads, graphics and inventory for the game script
- Build Entertainment Team Content Strategy and Programming for performances and integration into the game experience
- Collaborate with Marketing, Community Relations, Corporate Partnerships and other internal departments to ensure integration into the game experience and its seamless integration to entertainment experience
- Work in collaboration with motion graphic designers to produce all game graphics needed for internal and external partners
- Support the Senior Director of Game Experience and Dance Team Director with management of game day entertainment staff including: Hoop Troop, Warriors Dance Team, Jr. Jam, Emcees, Aftershock Drum line, Breakers, and other game night entertainers
- Collaborate with Dance Team Director to coordinate Warrior Dance Team and Jr. Jam Squad auditions and clinics
- Partner with management on department budgets and assist with analytics research process, adjusting to feedback from executive management, fan surveys and focus groups
- Assist and support the Events Department in development and implementation of special events as assigned (i.e. Draft Party, etc.)
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years experience in event presentation/sports entertainment content programming
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Creative eye for talent, graphics and a good understanding on what fans enjoy
- Demonstrate strong producing skills for content in a professional sports team and entertainment environment
- Creative problem-solving skills and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully with the ability to develop alternative solutions and works well in group problem solving situations
- Craft and maintain positive relationships with business partners and teammates and ability to deal with shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with unique attention to detail, excellent presentation writing and conceptual skills
- Exhibit strong leadership skills with experience in prioritization and detailed project management skills
- Previous experience with the NBA, concert and entertainment arena highly preferred
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary
The Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment