GoHealth is looking for a Director, Advanced Analytics to join as leader of the Statistical Modeling function, reporting to the Vice President, Advanced Analytics. This individual will be responsible for guiding the work of a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts, will apply rigorous statistical approaches to critical business problems, and work with a cross-functional team to develop the best-in-class solutions to continue to drive GoHealth’s unparalleled growth. We seek candidates who can effectively manage teams, have demonstrated expertise in statistical modeling and data science, and the ability to turn that expertise into substantial financial impact.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
- Manage a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts to execute on Advanced Analytics projects in customer lifetime value, A/B testing and other areas.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Analytics and Revenue Operations to build robust predictive models, deliver accurate and timely revenue forecasts, and support proper financial controls and revenue recognition.
- Own the analysis of customer lifetime value and the identification of drivers of attrition and churn. Drive continuing analysis that will lead to improvements in customer retention.
- Define requirements for data and software engineering teams to build systems to productionalize critical models and data flows.
- Demonstrate the ability to stay current and innovate at the leading edge in academic research in statistical modeling, data science and analytics. Successfully introduce technology and process changes across the organization.
- Mentor, guide, and develop Data Scientists and Data Analysts on the team.
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience using statistical modeling and data science to solve business problems.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience managing a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
- BS or BA degree in quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics or Engineering.
- Graduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics or Engineering preferred.
- Mastery of statistics including regression, estimation, hypothesis testing and Bayesian methods.
- Mastery of optimization techniques including linear optimization, nonlinear optimization, network optimization and dynamic optimization
- Proficient in use of Python for manipulating data and drawing insights from data sets; Experience with Python packages numpy, scipy, pandas and scikit-learn.
- Familiarity with probabilistic modeling including Poisson processes and renewal processes.
- Proven ability to take insights and turn them into actionable steps that can drive business value.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing to colleagues with varying degrees of analytical knowledge and understanding.
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer