GoHealth is actively seeking a talented Human Resources Generalist to help aligning business objectives with employees and leadership in our Chicago Sales Center. This role will report to our Director, Human Resources and in this role you will act as a consultant/business advisor, employee advocate and change agent on human resources matters. Working with our Sales Center leadership, this role formulates human resources tactics and strategies to meet the business unit’s strategic and operational needs. You will ensure the business unit is integrated and aligned on all company related policies and best practices, while continuously developing strong partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. This person must develop a high level of comprehension of the business unit’s daily operations, strategic position, financial and operating objectives.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
- Work closely with leadership from both Sales and HR to comprehend the strategic and day to day operations to provide consultation on various human resources matters – staffing, employee relations, training, etc.
- Act as an advisor/coach to the Sales Center employees and leadership in providing HR expertise and guidance on HR related matters – coaching, counseling, career development, resource planning, succession planning, employee relations, talent management, performance management, ect.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations in a professional manner.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Work closely with the our Sales leadership and employees to improve work relationships, create culture, build morale, and retention
- Assist business unit leadership on resource planning, selection process and on-boarding of business unit employees. HR process champion of BU’s seasonal hiring process
- Advisor on all disciplinary matters up to including separations for cause and reduction in force and seasonality of the business
- Identifies training needs for business. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or comparable combination of education and human resources related experience required. PHR or SPHR a strong plus
- 3 to 7 years previous human resources experience solving complex human resources matters
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines with a focus on employee relations, staffing, performance management and succession planning. Including a solid comprehension of federal and state employment laws
- High level of computer skills with a high proficiency in MS Suite of products
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Highly detailed and ability to analyze and interpret results to create effective solutions
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and leverage past experience to make solid decisions for the business
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer