GoHealth is searching for a Senior Content Strategist to join our fast-growing team and lead our content strategy. In this role, you will assign, edit, and help publish consumer-first, search engine friendly editorial copy. Shaping the content strategy also means leading through demonstration, so we're looking for someone to roll up their sleeves and help write compelling, data-packed content the helps consumers clearly understand the complexities of health insurance and medicare. Projects will vary from your typical landing page copy publications to research documents, downloadable guides, and acquisition-based copy optimization. Every website content need will filter through your team, making your role a key function to manage and edit all content produced by externally and/or internally. The ideal candidate is passionate about content, has empathy for the reader, and motivated to ensure the purpose for any editorial or landing page is fulfilled.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
- Concept and write highly engaging, data-rich, unique content including in-depth industry reports, list articles, guides, and white papers, all around health insurance, medicare, and healthcare related topics. Content must be well-researched, fact-checked, fulfill a content purpose and be optimized for SEO.
- Lead a team of content strategists/writers and/or freelancers, managing priorities based on an editorial calendar, ensuring all deadlines are met according to publication schedules
- Edit all content to ensure consistency, and best practices and writing styles are abided by; continually audit content and work with the teams to improve and iterate
- Partner & develop strong relationships with various business, analytics, and UX teams
- Assist with website, lead gen, email and/or other paid media advertising, to unify brand voice and tone, as needed
- Help cultivate authoritative relationships and conduct interviews with subject-matter experts
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience writing, reporting or digital copy-writing and a passion for it.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing
- Experience in the health insurance or medicare industry, or a strong desire to understand it
- Proven ability to lead and multi-manage a team from concept to execution, providing necessary feedback to increase efficiencies; strong team management skills; meeting deadlines are never an issue
- You’re meticulous and truly enjoy copy-editing and proofreading; Strong, communication and written skills; you’re a creative thinker and self-starter; both an independent worker and a collaborative team player
- Experience and passion in developing high-quality, data-backed and engaging content that helps consumers
- Solid understanding of digital marketing, SEO, PR, and content marketing
- Thorough knowledge of grammar, syntax, and spelling; meticulous copy-editing and proofreading skills; understanding of AP & Chicago writing styles and citing standards
- Experience in developing copy brand guidelines
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Charitable events
- Monthly Event Calendar
- Birthday, Anniversary
- Onsite Cafeteria
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employ