We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack to design and implement solid architectural solutions with the rest of the engineering team, supporting our Teacher product. With your passion for quickly solving problems and ability to implement high-quality code while continuously collaborating with other amazing team members, you will be making our teachers’ lives easier while helping them engage every student every day. Our Engineering team is built on a purpose-driven culture of collaboration, openness, trust, and transparency with amazing individuals that push the limits and think outside the box every day. As the foundation of our company, GoGuardian engineers help build, optimize, and maintain our infrastructure and applications that support millions of students and educators every day. They develop solutions to support meaningful interactions between students and teachers in face-to-face, remote, or hybrid learning environments.
What You'll Do
- Design, build, and continually improve our products that support millions of students and educators every day
- Work on production code and build rich feature sets that solve the complex problems in education
- Write high-quality maintainable code that is well-documented with good test coverage
- Contribute to the full software development lifecycle
- Work with and learn a variety of technologies, languages, and frameworks, such as Golang, React, Terraform, AWS/GCP, Docker, Linux, Typescript, MySQL
- Mentor and coach developers, helping them improve and perfect their skills.
- Join an engineering team of motivated and empowered engineers helping to embody the principles of fluidity, critical thinking, innovation, and collaboration
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional industry experience leading and coordinating complex and large-scale features
- Accomplished in writing high-quality, maintainable code in a modern programming language (e.g. Go, Python, Java, C#, C++)
- Experienced in designing and building APIs (REST, GraphQL, gRPC) and microservices
- Experienced with SQL and NoSQL databases for scalability and performance
- Has working knowledge of cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)Has working knowledge of container orchestration platforms (ECS, Kubernetes)
- Proven experience delivering highly performant and scalable features
- Proven advocate for engineering quality, and for building a thriving team culture
- Great communication skills and an ability to proactively identify problems and solutions across teams and stakeholders
- Competitive pay, complete health insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, and an employee stock option plan.
- Flexible time off, 13 paid holidays, paid parental leave, wellness days, and a paid year-end holiday break.
- A robust catalog of benefits that support your professional growth and personal wellbeing: learning funds, lifestyle funds, online yoga & meditation classes, fertility & adoption reimbursement, and more…
Plus the intangible:
- A varied and challenging role in a global and highly innovative high-growth company.
- Supportive, driven colleagues who have your back and share your passion.
The typical base salary range for this position is $163K - $188K per year. The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire base pay for this position and your pay will be determined by a variety of factors, including your primary work location, skills, qualifications and experience. Additional benefits information is listed on our careers page.
Please share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for talented people.