We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack to design and implement solid architectural solutions with the rest of the engineering team, supporting our Pear Deck product. With your passion for quickly solving problems and ability to implement high-quality code while continuously collaborating with other amazing team members, you will be making our teachers’ lives easier while helping them engage every student every day. Our Engineering team is built on a purpose-driven culture of collaboration, openness, trust, and transparency with amazing individuals that push the limits and think outside the box every day. As the foundation of our company, GoGuardian engineers help build, optimize, and maintain our infrastructure and applications that support millions of students and educators every day. They develop solutions to support meaningful interactions between students and teachers in face-to-face, remote, or hybrid learning environments.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to the full software development lifecycle, from conception, definition, scoping, planning, implementation, researching, and testing, to documentation, delivery, and maintenance
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team toward delivery
- Work both independently and in pairs/groups with others of varying skill levels
- Leverage strong problem-solving skills to apply existing knowledge and experience to new problems and creative solutions
- Write production-grade code with the help of code reviewers
- Understand, implement and contribute to the GoGuardian best practices, including style guides, standards, code reviews, documentation management, and operational workflows
- Be generally available to work during standard working hours and to participate in an on-call rotation for production application support
Who You Are
- 5+ years and/or 3+ previous industry position(s) w/ dedicated experience as a software engineer of SaaS applications
- Direct involvement in shipping multiple production SaaS applications/products in varied disciplines or verticals
- Backend experience using Node.js and Express
- Solid, proven experience with the following technologies: NoSQL and Real-time databases experience; MongoDB and Firebase preferred
- Experience with monitoring, performance optimization, technical documentation, and integration testing; Prometheus/Grafana, Stackdriver, or Datadog preferred
- Experience working with GCP, Google suite and container like Docker
- Adhere and promote engineering best practices like Unit testing and are skilled in using Jest.
- Writes production-grade code and integrates feedback from code reviewers
- Confident in making technical decisions and explaining the reasoning behind them
- Comfortable developing solid technical solutions to ambiguous or open-ended problems
- Driven to teach, lead and help others in areas of strongest skill and experience
- Competitive pay, complete health insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, and an employee stock option plan.
- Flexible time off, 13 paid holidays, paid parental leave, wellness days, and a paid year-end holiday break.
- A robust catalog of benefits that support your professional growth and personal wellbeing: learning funds, lifestyle funds, online yoga & meditation classes, fertility & adoption reimbursement, and more…
Plus the intangible:
- A varied and challenging role in a global and highly innovative high-growth company.
- Supportive, driven colleagues who have your back and share your passion.
The typical base salary range for this position is $163K - $188K per year. The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire base pay for this position and your pay will be determined by a variety of factors, including your primary work location, skills, qualifications and experience. Additional benefits information is listed on our careers page.
Please share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for talented people.