What We Do
At GoGuardian, we’re helping build a future where all learners are ready and inspired to solve the world’s greatest challenges. Our award-winning system of learning solutions is purpose-built for K-12 and trusted by school leaders to promote effective teaching and equitable engagement while helping empower educators to keep students safe.
What It’s Like to Work at GoGuardian
We are a fast-growing learning company that thrives on making bold moves and setting high standards. Working with us means joining a (mostly!) remote team of diverse, passionate, mission-driven employees who are inspired by our vision, dedicated to our customers, and comfortable with rapid change. We balance our rocketship pace with a work culture that offers unbridled support, allyship, and inclusivity…to say nothing of fun! Join our Neurodiversity ERG, attend an online magic show (and bring your kids), head to a DEI Community of Practice session, share a pet photo with other dog lovers, or relax in an online meditation class. Our culture has earned us accolades! We have been named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and are certified as a Great Place to Work®.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who still thinks in code but realizes that a manager's time is better spent mentoring and leading a team of talented engineers. Someone who is not shy to dive into solving challenging problems but also understands that rolling up their sleeves and learning new skills is essential to get the job done. In this role, you will be working with the MERN stack to build the solutions that will enable us to scale to support millions of students effortlessly. You’re also a creative thinker who constantly strives to streamline the processes to improve the quality and reduce the time to market.
What You'll Do
- Lead and mentor a team of developers to build and release product features on MERN stack
- This role will involve 50% engineering development and 50% team management activities.
- Responsible for implementing software engineering practices like Agile, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and best coding practices through the development cycles
- Conduct regular reviews on code and all aspects of the engineering product development cycle
- Work closely with the leadership team in driving product enhancements.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of hands-on technical expertise and people management experience
- Must have relevant experience in designing, building, maintaining, and extending large-scale production systems
- Have deep expertise in React.js, Node JS, and MongoDB
- Proven leadership skills; courage to challenge with candor, motivate and inspire teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences
Please share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for talented people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.