What We Do
At GoGuardian, we’re helping build a future where all learners are ready and inspired to solve the world’s greatest challenges. Our award-winning system of learning solutions is purpose-built for K-12 and trusted by school leaders to promote effective teaching and equitable engagement while helping empower educators to keep students safe.
What It’s Like to Work at GoGuardian
We are a fast-growing learning company that thrives on making bold moves and setting high standards. Working with us means joining a (mostly!) remote team of diverse, passionate, mission-driven employees who are inspired by our vision, dedicated to our customers, and comfortable with rapid change. We balance our rocketship pace with a work culture that offers unbridled support, allyship, and inclusivity…to say nothing of fun! Join our Neurodiversity ERG, attend an online magic show (and bring your kids), head to a DEI Community of Practice session, share a pet photo with other dog lovers, or relax in an online meditation class. Our culture has earned us accolades! We have been named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and are certified as a Great Place to Work®.
What You'll Do
- Develop new ETL processes to fulfill the data needs of data science and other departments
- Utilize expertise in data modeling, ETL architecture, and report design for department initiatives
- Produce detailed documentation including data flow diagrams, logical diagrams, and physical diagrams as needed
- Ensure the data collection pipeline and data analysis infrastructure meet the needs of the business
- Acquire strong knowledge of data structures, analysis, replication, and distributed/ relational data & database mapping
- Assist with the code review process for purposes of learning, asking new questions, and finding errors
- Assist with the development of new scripts, KPIs, and dashboards
- All other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience building/operating systems for data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Experience with modern data warehousing tools such as Redshift, Big Query, Snowflake, and Azure Synapse along with some visualization experience using Tableau, Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Python, SQL, and NoSQL query language along with data warehouse design and maintenance
- Experience working with data orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luigi, AWS Step Functions, Segment
- Strong attention to detail, analytical mindset, and highly organized
- Ability to work independently within the policies, processes, and procedures defined for the team
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup atmosphere requiring constant learning
- Strong technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate and learn new technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
Please share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for talented people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.