What We Do
At GoGuardian, we’re helping build a future where all learners are ready and inspired to solve the world’s greatest challenges. Our award-winning system of learning solutions is purpose-built for K-12 and trusted by school leaders to promote effective teaching and equitable engagement while helping empower educators to keep students safe.
What It’s Like to Work at GoGuardian
We are a fast-growing learning company that thrives on making bold moves and setting high standards. Working with us means joining a (mostly!) remote team of diverse, passionate, mission-driven employees who are inspired by our vision, dedicated to our customers, and comfortable with rapid change. We balance our rocketship pace with a work culture that offers unbridled support, allyship, and inclusivity…to say nothing of fun! Join our Neurodiversity ERG, attend an online magic show (and bring your kids), head to a DEI Community of Practice session, share a pet photo with other dog lovers, or relax in an online meditation class. Our culture has earned us accolades! We have been named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and are certified as a Great Place to Work®.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with a strong background in DevOps and handling traffic & infrastructure at scale to assist our Edulastic team.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with product engineers to implement scalable and highly reliable systems
- Scale existing backend systems to handle ever-increasing amounts of traffic and new product requirements
- Collaborate with other developers to understand & setup tooling needed for - Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment practices
- Build & operate infrastructure to support website, backend cluster, ML projects in the organization
- Monitor and track performance and reliability of our services and software to meet promised SLA
Who You Are
- Have 3+ years of experience working on distributed systems and shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Proven leadership skills; courage to challenge with candor, motivate and inspire team members
- Have experience with Python including Object Oriented programming
- Container administration and development utilizing Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos, or similar
- Infrastructure automation through Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Packer or similar
- Knowledge of cloud compute technologies, network monitoring
- Experience with Cloud Orchestration frameworks, development and SRE support of these systems
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines including VCS (git, svn, etc), Gitlab Runners, Jenkins
- Working with or supporting production, test, and development environments for medium to large user environments
- Installing and configuring application servers and database servers
- Experience in developing scripts to automate software deployments and installations
- Experience in a 247 high-availability production environment
- Ability to come with best solution by capturing big picture instead of focusing on minor details/root cause analysis
- Flexible, continuous learner, excellent communicator, works well in a team environment, appreciates challenges, comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving
Please share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for talented people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.