Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
We're searching for a Payment Risks Manager in Redwood City, CA. He/She will report to the Head of Trust & Safety and will also work with the teams in the Los Angeles and San Diego based offices. The person in this role will manage the full lifecycle of payment fraud business rules and risk strategies across the GoFundMe and CrowdRise platforms. This will have an enormous impact on keeping our users safe and elevating GoFundMe as the giving layer of the internet.
What you'll do...
- Develop novel solutions to payments fraud detection and automation specific to the social and charitable fundraising marketplace
- Create and develop analytics framework to measure and improve company risk performance, including use of statistical analysis/models; and develop metrics that describe risk and uncover actionable insights to reduce loss.
- Serve as primary business relationship with risk vendors and service providers, including regulated financial institutions and payment processors.
- Work with product, engineering, and other functions to build counter-fraud functionality into the product and develop, implement and maintain effective payments risk exposure strategies
- Ensure compliance with payments-related regulations, including AML and OFAC requirements
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of industry best practices and emerging trends and technologies within payments risk management
- Train and lead junior analysts
- This position can sit in our Redwood City or San Diego, CA office ***
- B.S. in economics, finance, applied math, statistics or other quantitative field; M.S. preferred
- 4+ years of relevant, professional experience
- At least an intermediate experience with SQL, data analytics, and dashboard/visualization solutions (ex: Looker
- Experience managing a cross-functional team in a fast paced, high stakes environment
- Prior start-up and tech company experience preferred
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and SAR filing experience preferred
- Immense passion for empowering people to help people
- Unyielding commitment to doing the right thing and considering everything on your path to mission success
- Ability to communicate complex risk models and data to less technically-savvy stakeholders
- A “hacker’s mindset” – you are your own red cell
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) preferred
- Knowledge of programming languages and PCI compliance preferred
Working at GoFundMe...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives every day
- We're a small and growing team of fun people you'll likely enjoy being around
- GoFundMe employees have the chance to give back to campaigns of their choice every month
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead
More about GoFundMe...
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $4 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.