Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
We're searching for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). He/She will be responsible for the full system lifecycle including infrastructure provisioning, system configuration, deployments, monitoring, and incident response in production environments. The SRE uses technical analysis to assess the availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of a product or infrastructure and builds reliability into systems. To ensure the highest level of application performance and availability, the reliability engineer works closely with development teams, relevant functional operations teams, network engineers, database administrators, technology vendors and partners. The successful reliability engineer effectively guides incident responses, helps identify root causes and provides recommendations or solutions to mitigate and resolve issues.
- Design and build out our cloud infrastructure.
- Participate in software and system performance analysis, tuning, and service capacity planning.
- Manage the availability, scalability, security, and performance of our platform and applications.
- Diagnose bottlenecks for the full stack and provide recommendations to overcome the bottlenecks as an interim work around, while long-term solutions are investigated.
- Periodically assess all monitoring requirements and implement enhancements to meet or exceed changing business needs.
- Proactively review, recommend, and implement changes to the live infrastructure after ensuring the right validation has been carried out.
- Use data analysis to pick up trends before they become major problems.
- Perform 24/7 on-call duties.
- 5+ years of experience in operating high-traffic SaaS environments.
- Deep expertise in the mentality, processes, and tools needed to deliver five nines.
- Skills to build a fully automated, highly elastic cloud orchestration framework on AWS.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and its underlying components, system statistics, performance tuning, filesystems and IO.
- Solid scripting skills (Bash, Python, and Ruby preferred).
- Development experience (Java and PHP preferred).
- Appreciate the importance of systems change management.
- Are able to function at a high level in critical situations.
- Experience with continuous integration frameworks
- Experience with performance diagnostics, performance tuning, capacity planning, and monitoring.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Are eager to learn new technologies and programming languages.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Technologies you are likely to be working with...
AWS, Ansible, Terraform, MySQL, Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Memcached, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Git, Bash, Python, PHP, Java, Kotlin, Ruby, Nessus, Nagios, Sumologic, NewRelic, PagerDuty
Working at GoFundMe...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives every day
- We're a small and growing team of fun people you'll likely enjoy being around
- GoFundMe employees have the chance to give back to campaigns of their choice every month
- We're happy to pay for exceptional people, offer full benefits, issue bonuses, and stock options
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead
More about GoFundMe…
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $4 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.