More than ever, it is an exciting time to join our team. In early 2017, CrowdRise was acquired by GoFundMe, the world’s largest social fundraising platform with well over $4 billion raised so far and a community of more than 40 million donors. GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. The joining of CrowdRise with GoFundMe means more growth, more opportunity, and more money raised for the causes that matter to people most.
GoFundMe is looking for a passionate, collaborative, backend focused engineer to join our growing core engineering team in beautiful Los Angeles, CA.
- Development in company RESTful API
- Creating single page apps and/or standalone modules within company existing framework using CodeIgniter
- Working in an assigned team with other developers and QA engineers
- Code documentation
- Participating in developers code reviews
- Refactoring legacy code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Experience with TDD workflow and unit testing
- Experience with ORM such as Doctrine, and raw SQL queries using MySQL
- Knowledge of Responsive development using HTML, CSS, SCSS
- Experience building frontend applications using AJAX with backend support
- Strong abilities to identify and troubleshoot bugs
- Ping pong skills and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really!
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play hard mentality
- We take ping-pong very, very seriously
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue performance bonuses
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead