CrowdRise is a fundraising site that is about giving back, raising lots of money for great causes and having the most fun while doing it. CrowdRise is the world’s largest and fastest - growing fundraising platform dedicated exclusively to charitable giving, and we’ve partnered with some of the biggest charities, marathons, and celebrities in the country.
More than ever, it is an exciting time to join our team. In early 2017, CrowdRise was acquired by GoFundMe, the world’s largest social fundraising platform. With over $4 billion raised so far and a community of more than 40 million donors, GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. The joining of CrowdRise with GoFundMe means more growth, more opportunity and more money raised for the causes that matter to people most.
CrowdRise is looking for a passionate, collaborative full stack engineer to join our small but growing team in beautiful Los Angeles, CA.
- Development in company RESTful API
- Creating single page apps and/or standalone modules within company existing framework using CodeIgniter
- Working in an assigned team with other developers and QA engineers
- Code documentation
- Participating in developers code reviews
- Refactoring legacy code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Strong knowledge/5-8 years of PHP, and OOP practices
- Experience with TDD workflow and unit testing
- Experience with ORM such as Doctrine, and raw SQL queries using MySQL
- Knowledge of Responsive development using HTML, CSS, SCSS
- Experience building frontend applications using AJAX with backend support
- Strong abilities to identify and troubleshoot bugs
- Experience using 3rd party API libraries such as Facebook, Twitter etc
- Experience using npm, gulp, bower and other tools for frontend development/deployment
- Experience developing within a style guide
- Ping pong skills and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really!
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play-hard mentality
- We take ping-pong very, very seriously
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue performance bonuses
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead