Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Staff UX Researcher - join us! As a Staff UX Researcher at GoFundMe, you have the opportunity to become the global expert on online giving and philanthropy. Only a handful of other companies are operating in this space, with even fewer serving an international market. Positioned within the Product org, you will uncover compelling insights about the way people think about giving and fundraising, and help us leverage those insights into world-changing product experiences. This is a highly-collaborative role where you will build strong relationships across the organization.
Candidates considered for this role will be located in one of the following locations: San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, or New York.
- Collaborate with the product, eng and design team to design, plan, execute and synthesize user research projects, refining the research process at GoFundMe.
- Analyze historic qualitative & quantitative research to uncover new product opportunities.
- Partner with our Data team to uncover user insights through product performance.
- Collaborate with our customer facing teams handling support tickets to understand product feedback and UX opportunities.
- Collaborate with our international teams to understand product needs in our emerging markets.
- Keep a finger on the pulse as to what our competitors are doing.
- Document and communicate findings in creative and effective ways.
- Strong advocate for users
- 5+ years of research related full-time experience.
- Broad experience with a wide variety of research methods and tools, and a clear understanding as to when to apply said methods and tools.
- Strong in a research specialty, such as generative research, surveys, or visualization. Creative and willing to learn new method(s), triangulate multiple data sources to answer any research question
- Demonstrated history of being a great collaborator with designers, product managers and engineers.
- Willing to create a seat at the table for research and bring research to the core process of building delightful experiences
- Bachelor or Master's degree in a research or design related field.
- Familiar with design tools like Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD.
- Comfortable with reading/extracting insights from academic papers/journals
- You’re known to provide clarity in group discussions.
- You are curious about how to use research to unlock generosity.
- You’re comfortable communicating with executives.
- You believe research and design go hand-in-hand to drive great user experience.
- You desire to be involved at all stages of a product life cycle.
- You notice when others could use your help and proactively provide assistance.
- You believe feedback should be conscientious of those with a diversity of world views, backgrounds and beliefs.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay.
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee-only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles.
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses.
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees.
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend.
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday.
- Learning & development and recognition programs.
- “Gives Back” Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups.
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $150,000 - $200,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.
Our annual “Year in Help” report reflects our community’s impact in advancing our mission of helping people help each other.
For recent company news and announcements, visit our Newsroom.