Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! We are searching for a Communications Manager who will develop and implement proactive media strategies to amplify fundraisers and the GoFundMe brand as we continue to grow.
- Identify and pitch newsworthy fundraisers to local and regional reporters
- Build and maintain strong relationships with reporters that consistently generate positive press coverage for our customers and brand
- Advance and protect the brand’s image and trusted reputation externally.
- Analyze news coverage, social media, and current events in the region to identify opportunities that best serve our customers, overall business goals, and the newscycle
- Expand amplification efforts to make our customers more successful through creative communication tactics
- Work with GoFundMe customers to help tell their stories to a broad audience
- Serve as an official on-the-record spokesperson and write clear messaging for reactive reporter statements about activity on our platform, company processes, and GoFundMe’s mission
- Help identify and build relationships with local elected officials, community organizations, and people of influence in the region
- Manage monthly reporting and consistently deliver on outlined team metrics
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of PR/Communications experience
- Experience in a public policy or newsroom setting is a plus
- Strong, clear written and verbal communicator, with the ability to tailor messages for different audiences
- Solid understanding of the media and socio-political landscape
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to lead and implement multiple time-sensitive projects
- A dependable teammate, who works well with internal cross-functional and external collaborators, and with the ability to operate under own direction and demonstrate high productivity
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $68,000 - $92,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe: