Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is looking for a Lead Financial Analyst. Corporate FP&A is the financial hub of GoFundMe operations. We partner across the company to shape our financial profile, provide insightful and useful analysis that empowers growth, and bring clarity and focus to our colleagues, leadership, and board. Corporate FP&A runs our centralized financial processes including the preparation of our quarterly results and forecast, budgeting and strategic planning, and management and board reporting.
We are looking for an expert financial professional with a consistent track record in financial analysis and reporting. This role will be a key asset in the growth of the company by partnering with other departments on key central initiatives through critical/creative thinking, planning, analysis, contribution of ideas, bringing attention/solutions to missed gaps, and preparation of related presentations as necessary. You will be a good fit if you’ve had success: establishing trust across multiple functions, building and completing a strategic plan, and are tenacious in pursuing the “why?” This position is part of FP&A and reports to the Director of Finance.
- Partner with various departments to assist in understanding key drivers and influence business decisions to improve revenue growth and profitability
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Monitor and analyze trends of key operational and financial performance indicators
- Own preparation of various presentations to the Executive Team
- Partner with Accounting and budget managers to ensure that the appropriate expenses are recognized
- Manage FP&A operations activities around monthly reporting, company model actualization, variance commentary, forecasting, etc.
- Drive and coordinate various portions of annual planning, quarterly forecasting and monthly reporting processes to deliver predictable financial results, early warning of potential gaps and timely identification and implementation of corrective action
- Identify and improve efficiency and reporting accuracy through process improvement across departments
- 6+ years of experience in a finance role at a public tech company; experience in management consulting, private equity, finance, or analytics role is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance; M.B.A. or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues and detailed analysis into simple, structured frameworks with concrete action plans
- Demonstrated experience in driving complex and cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders
- Highly analytical and able to extract business insights from analysis; strong financial modeling and analysis skills required; proficiency with SQL and statistical tools are a plus
- Adaptive power user with experience using Netsuite or other ERP systems
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Humble attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level strategic thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation alongside functional teams
- Proven track record of self-motivation, prioritization, initiative and integrity
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $120,000 - $170,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.
Our annual “Year in Help” report reflects our community’s impact in advancing our mission of helping people help each other.
For recent company news and announcements, visit our Newsroom.