Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring! Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
An industry leader, GoFundMe’s Trust & Safety department leverages a variety of technical tools to assist our talented and motivated team in protecting our customers from fraud. By protecting the opportunity to give safely online, we drive growth, strengthen our brand, and do the right thing by our customers. As a company, we created an easy-to-use product, built a Customer Care team that delivers rapid support to our customers, and established the first and only donor protection guarantee in the industry: the GoFundMe Guarantee.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is seeking a Trust Manager, a role that focuses on the career progression of analysts on their team while managing performance and project prioritization. Trust Managers also strive to continue to balance the alignment of company, department, and team objectives with many day-to-day and quarterly responsibilities, work effectively with a variety of different stakeholders across the company, and help more directly with Trust & Safety (“T&S”) operations and strategy goals.
Strategy & Operations:
- Foster a high-performance environment defined by open communication, creative thinking, and a cohesive team effort
- Build a strong rapport with analysts to coach, motivate, inspire, and cultivate
- Develop new materials (i.e. presentations, standard methodologies, onboarding plans, etc.) as needed to improve organizational structure
- Ensure smooth day-to-day operations of internal tools, schedules, and breakdowns
- Own escalated scenarios, including but not limited to, appeasements, inquiries from Communications team, tickets, payment processor inquiries, and GoFundMe Guarantee claims
- Have a mastery of T&S related issues and willingness to experiment with bold, novel solutions
- Identify and drive collaboration with Risk & Compliance, Strategy, Marketing, Comms, Product, and Customer Experience teams
- Consistently improve and enhance our internal processes and systems
- Interpret data, analyze results, and have deep understanding of the team’s mechanics
- Assist with T&S internal tempo including team/department all-hands, off-sites, team outings, etc.
- Responsible for the performance and growth of team
- Manages specialized or technical, advanced projects
- Create clear areas of responsibility and ownership amongst individual contributors
- Coordinates matters between functional areas or other divisions
- Maintain a forward-thinking team that adjusts and experiments effectively
- 1+ years of leadership experience
- 4+ years of related work experience within Trust & Safety
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and directly
- Strong cross functional partnership building skills
- Strong presentation and meeting leading skills
- Approaches objectives and problem solving with a can do mentality
- Showcases humility and accountability
- Drives team momentum and culture and supports their needs
- Commitment to continued learning
- Comfortable having tough conversations if needed
- Self-starter with the ability to produce quality work autonomously
Encouraged, but not required: Salesforce knowledge, Zendesk experience, Python or SQLEncouraged, but not required: Bi-lingual: English and German or Spanish Speaker.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe: