Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world - join us!
As a member of the First Line of Defense, the Compliance Analyst will be responsible for uplifting and bolstering the day-to-day operations. This includes delving into all aspects of enhanced due diligence, abiding by regulatory, contractual, and card network requirements, as well as creating processes for new and existing products. You will work in a fast-paced environment, working closely with internal teams and customers, maintaining positive collaborative interactions while adhering to our compliance requirements.
- Joining the evolving First Line of Defense Compliance team as an Analyst to conduct customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence reviews with a focus on sanctions and watchlist screening, Politically Exposed Person(s), Counter-Terrorism Financing, consumer complaints, and financial crimes
- Evaluating leads surfaced for unusual activity and determining filing with relevant competent authorities, including suspicious transaction reports and threat management reports
- Managing escalations and high-impact reviews from operational teams on escalated accounts and organizations in a timely manner and, where necessary, perform unusual and suspicious activity reporting to relevant partners or competent authorities
- Performing ongoing monitoring reviews to help ensure assessments remain accurate and emerging risks are properly identified with implemented mitigation plans
- Offer guidance on and respond directly, where appropriate, to any relevant escalated charity support ticket, regulatory complaint, or account review
- Owning responsibilities around identified gaps, issues, or problems to see them through for remediation, alerting leadership, proposing solutions, and working with stakeholders across the organization, third-party service providers, and external users
- Collaborating with leadership to revise and establish processes and best practice guides to help ensure guidance is current
- Creating and delivering training to educate teams on responsibilities and compliance matters
- Collaborating with business units and operational areas on implementation of compliance processes and providing guidance to support projects and workflow enhancements
- Performing ad hoc projects to support compliance and team initiatives
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in payments compliance and/or risk management operations
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of an AML program and how these apply to a marketplace and within the financial ecosystem, including global Know Your Customer standards, customer due diligence, enhanced due diligence, suspicious transaction or account reporting, CTF, sanctions, and card network rules
- Excel in individual metrics to adhere to Service Level Agreements and maintain strong quality standards, while contributing to improving the team’s operational performance
- Confidently maintain clear and concise communication with colleagues while working in a remote or hybrid environment
- Understand how non-profit organizations operate throughout North America and Internationally, as well as risks present within the non-profit industry
- Strong comprehension skills and ability to make sound decisions based on facts and context
- Ability to operate within an environment that will require an analyst to pivot to support program level initiatives while maintaining the core job remit
- Experience working in the payments industry and knowledge about merchant processing behaviors
- Wildly ambitious with excellent attention to detail
- Fast learner, with initiative and follow through without sacrificing quality
- Strong performer, able to meet deadlines while balancing different priorities
- Inquisitive with a solution-oriented mindset
- Passionate about staying current on regulatory changes, industry guidance, and card scheme compliance
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $60,000 - $85,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe: