Classy, an affiliate of GoFundMe, is a Public Benefit Corporation and giving platform that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Classy's platform provides powerful and intuitive fundraising tools to convert and retain donors. Since 2011, Classy has helped nonprofits mobilize and empower the world for good by helping them raise over $5 billion. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org.
Classy is a leading online fundraising platform dedicated to empowering nonprofit organizations to make a positive impact in the world. Our product engineering team, Search & Discovery, is focused on building innovative services and APIs that enable seamless data access and enhance the user experience for our community of donors and nonprofits.
What you'll accomplish:
- Own the design, development, and implementation of scalable and high-performance services and APIs for search and discovery across the Classy platform.
- Drive architectural decisions and provide technical leadership to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, design, and data science, to define product requirements and deliver innovative solutions.
- Work closely with stakeholders at GoFundMe to enable seamless integration and data access across both platforms.
- Mentor and guide team members, encouraging a culture of teamwork, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure the reliability, security, and maintainability of the systems and services developed by the team.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Strong expertise in programming languages such as Java, Python, Go, Node, etc.
- Experience with search and indexing technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr, or Amazon CloudSearch.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems architecture, including scalability, reliability, and performance considerations.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Proficiency with version control systems such as Git.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
What would be awesome to have:
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and techniques related to personalized recommendations and search result ranking.
- Experience with ETL processes and data analytics, including designing data pipelines and performing data analysis and visualization.
- Knowledge of vector databases and similarity search, with experience using vector embeddings for similarity search and recommendations.
- Familiarity with big data technologies, distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Apache Spark), and real-time data processing.
- Understanding of data warehousing, data quality, and data governance principles.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every month for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
- Our commitment to Sustainability. Classy exists to create a sustainable world for all.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $130,000 - $175,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.