Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! We are searching for a talented and experienced VP of Legal to lead and grow our team, who is motivated by our purpose, and is a creative, flexible, strategic problem-solver. The ideal candidate for this position is located in the Bay Area and has a valid CA bar license.
- Ability to proactively address the latest developments in laws, regulation and industry trends applicable to social and non profit fundraising, including federal and state data privacy laws, unfair business practices, consumer protection laws and other guidance from relevant agencies
- Broad-based legal experience and the ability to provide solutions oriented oversight and leadership for all legal needs of the company including managing and directing general corporate matters, litigation, corporate governance, compliance, privacy, strategic transactions, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions (including diligence and negotiations), enterprise sales, regulatory matters, public company reporting, risk management, employment, equity, contracts and intellectual property.
- Collaborate with the business to provide valuable advice and counsel within the context of corporate objectives. Structure key business initiatives in a manner that helps to achieve business objectives while at the same time protects against legal and regulatory considerations.
- Experience working with leadership teams in late stage venture backed companies to scale the business and effect the transition from private to public reporting company
- Domain experience with consumer technology and vertical SaaS businesses
- Proven success working effectively cross functionally to efficiently resolve complex business and risk management issues while considering many non-legal variables, such as culture, brand, communications, and government relations.
- 20+ years of experience, including 8+ of in-house experience, preferably in a high growth environment
- Proven track record building out and leading in-house legal teams that are committed to high quality execution and strategic differentiation
- Self-motivated creative problem solver who demonstrates “grace under fire”
- Outstanding judgment with the ability to assess and articulate risk while supporting growth
- Strong legal analytical skills and practical business orientation
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- High integrity with a culturally diverse perspective
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written)
- Executive/board presence
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated agility and nimbleness in responding to rapidly changing strategic and business objectives, job priorities, organizational structures, and individual workloads.
- Flexibility and problem-solving attitude.
- Passionate individual who embraces our mission
- Huge plus to have prior NPO, startup and public company experience
- Have a valid CA bar license
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $275,000 - $372,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe: